Monday, October 16, 2017

Catching up

Greetings!
I gave myself the summer of Weight Watchers. I tracked every day and exercised also on most days, but I went over on points. I did gain a few pounds that I am now working to release (as WW says). I enjoyed summer and having a good break. I never went crazy with eating. I took some time off of work for the whole month of August that led to different eating patterns, including more points. I know what I need to do and am working on it.

Back to the August thing: my blog is not just about weight loss and getting fit-it is also about well-being. Taking that month of august off of work was really important for my well-being. The work of an academic, like almost any profession, never stops-especially with email and research obligations. I was able to stay electronic free for most of the month, including reading a wonderful selection of books from the Bill Gates summer reading list and also some recommendations from one of my grandbabies. My favorites were Hill Billy Elegy by J. D. Vance City of Embers by Jeanne Du Prau. I began this academic year refreshed and ready to meet my new students. 

I also rediscovered my love of the mountains and hiking. My hubby and I spent almost two weeks in Glacier and Yellowstone National Parks. Combined we hiked about 40 miles. Enjoy a few pictures!


More soon, Michele





1 comment:

  1. Hi Michele,
    It's E. Jane, former blogger. I check in on my reading list occasionally, and was happy to see your latest post. I am also thinking about a new start, perhaps WW. I am considering starting a new blog, but haven't yet. Love reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete