Wednesday, May 31, 2017

50 Pounds of Bird Seed!

I went to the Grainery today to pick up some black oiled sunflower seeds for our bird feeders.  I had help getting the bag into my car, but once I got home, I was on my own.  I lugged that bag out of my car and up the steps.  It was not easy. That bag is a symbol of the weight that I have lost and the toll that extra weight had on my joints and body.  I carried it all around, day in and day out for years.  What a heavy and unnecessary load. It took me a long time to put my health first and develop healthy habits. Too long. That bag of seed is an inspirational reminder as to how far I have come.

2 comments:

  1. Nice symbolism though, for me, lifting fifty pounds with lower back issues is a struggle. We love the Arboretum especially in spring and fall..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice way to remember how far you've come!!!

    (And reminds me...I need a 50 pound bag of cracked corn for the ducks!!)

    ReplyDelete