Thursday, February 2, 2017

Weight Watchers!


I bit the bullet and joined Weight Watchers on-line almost three weeks ago. I have regained my health and increased my overall fitness and stamina over the past several years, however, even with my best efforts could not get that last 20-30 pounds off. So, I joined weight watchers to see where I might fine tune my eating and other healthy habits. I am happy to report that after 18 days, I am down 4.8 pounds, to a new low for me. I am now straddling between a BMI between obese and overweight. 

I tracked calories for years which helped me really figure out what to eat. Those good habits allowed me to maintain my 50 pound weight loss for nearly 5 years, but again, not knock off that last 20-30 pounds. Weight Watchers does not track calories, instead it is a point system. I am allotted 30 points a day with an extra 28 points per week in reserve. I figured out within the first 2-3 three days that the pat of butter on my morning toast (5 points) and my night time snack of pretzels (4 points) had to go. All fruit and veggies are zero points-so they are now my go to snack, especially oranges and clementines (and of course  everything in moderation).

I am super excited to see if WW will continue to net me a “release” of pounds.

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Congrats on the loss!!! Keep up the good work!!

    I found WW to work for me!!! (The money for WW doesn't right now...but I have. Owed that when I get back to my goal weight I will go back..pay my missed meeting fee and go as a lifetime member! Yes I'm a backsliding lifetime member)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a lifetime member of WW and back in the day, was a class lecturer. It's a tried and true program and you'll do great. You diligence has always been an inspiration to me. Thanks for reading my blog - it was a long absence and I'm happy there are some familiar faces still around. Still teaching??

    ReplyDelete