Monday, June 13, 2016

Summer

Happy Summer!




I maybe an occasional blogger, but that does not mean that I am not still working on my health. As a matter of fact, I am closing in on 1000 miles cycled this year. About 10 days ago, a group of family and friends rode in the our de Cure, a fundraiser for the American Diabetes Association. It was a great 43 ride on a beautiful day!

I continue to work at eating less and moving more. I have lost a total of 50 pounds and am out of the obese category. I am focused on my next 20 pounds now. I am a very slow loser as most of you know, so this will take me most of the rest of the year to accomplish. But, that is okay. I'm worth it.

I basically eat the same things every day. I have also learned the benefits of preparing my meals and snacks in advance. It really helps me to have my food ready so when I am hungry I can just grab something that I know is going to be within my calorie limits. 

Stay strong! You can do this, too. 
Michele

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the loss! Wow and steady usually has the longest and most permanent results!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your loss of 50 pounds is amazing. Keep going. I have gained some of my 40 pound loss back. Right now, I'm trying to figure out how to deal with it, as I also have a debilitating knee injury. Exercise is off the table right now, so I have to depend solely on diet. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete