Sunday, March 29, 2015

Old veggies and other tid bits


Greetings!
I do not like to waste vegetables. They have traveled far to get to my kitchen and into my fridge for future meal prep. I bought a cauliflower about 8 days ago, meaning to prepare it right away. Well, I forgot about it until today. It still looked okay, but did have a few brown spots. I cut those off. I steamed the remaining parts with some onions and some herbs. When I served it, I brushed on some spaghetti sauce. The spaghetti sauce obscured the lack of freshness of it and it tasted great!

Down one pound! Plus, I was able to exercise several times last week, including long walks and a few short bike rides. I had my road bike turned, cleaned and greased for the season last week. I hope to take it out for the first time this year tomorrow.

The monarchs are leaving Mexico (http://www.learner.org/…/monar…/spring2015/update032615.html)! To prepare for their eventual arrival to the Upper Midwest, Owen and Noah helped me frost seed some common milkweed (Asclepias syriaca) in sunny spots near our cabin (http://www.startribune.com/sports/outdoors/297695391.html).


 Have great week everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Milkweed seed, where do I find it? I know I can do a web search but your post just reminded me to do that.
    I figured you'd be out with your bike by now. It was cold and rainy up here yesterday and today but suppose to warm up and time to get out hiking. Both Mike and I are chomping at the bit to start really going.
    Take care Michele and thank you for your kind comment. Have a blessed week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the pound! I'm ready to read about your cycling miles...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michele,
    I thought I'd drop in and say hi! I hope to get my log up and going again soon.
    Bruce

    ReplyDelete