Sunday, March 15, 2015

Nordic skiing is over-here comes cycling season!


Greetings!

The Nordic season and cross-country skiing is now over. II am probably the only one on the northern area of the states who would have liked a longer winter!  I tried to get out at least 4-5 times a week during the months of January, February and early March. I logged 208 miles skiing this year. I actually took several lessons to help improve my technique. I am not very fast, but my stamina and endurance have improved a great deal. I learned this year a great deal about Nordic skiing technique and also the importance of decent ski equipment. My ski equipment is actually too soft for me, which means I do not glide very well. Next year, I hope to upgrade into a better pair of skies. I was able to get my daughter out skiing with me too.


Exactly one week ago, I skied for the last time. It was about 45 degrees. The very next day I took out my bike and did a little ride around the lakes in Minneapolis.
Exactly one week ago, I skied for the last time. It was about 45 degrees. The very next day I took out my bike and did a little ride around the lakes in Minneapolis. I rode 40 miles this first week.

I am now in Port Townsend, Washington visiting my son and daughter-in-law. My daughter-in-law has a bike that fits me so I have done a little ore riding out here. A few pictures of the area where I have been riding.




I am working very hard on my next 20 pounds. I first had to shed the 5 pounds I accumulated over the holidays and a conference and vacation trip in January. I am now down to my 40 pounds off level where I have been for the better part of 4 years. I am very diligent in my eating and eat about the same thing every day, plus I exercise regularly. Even with those measures, it will be like moving a mountain for me to lose 20 pounds. My metabolism is very slow. Shedding that 5 pounds has given me some inspiration and hope.Onward!

TTFN and thanks for reading!
Michele

2 comments:

  1. Twenty pounds would seem like a mountain to me now. I know, baby steps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you, Michele, I lose weight very slowly, due to age, slow metabolism, and the beta blockers I take. There are some positives to it...during our weight loss, we have had a good deal of time to develop new habits and tastes. I believe that aspect has been positive, even though I would like to lose faster. Keep on doing what you're doing. I know you will get there.

    ReplyDelete