Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Holiday Greetings!


Long time no post! I am still here and still working toward overall better health. I survived one of the most intense semesters as an academic, thus little time for blogging.


We had an early start to winter in Minnesota, including a great deal of snow. For me, that means cross country skiing! I started skiing on November 19 which is VERY early for us.  The good snow cover lasted until about 10 days ago. So far I logged about 40 miles of skiing. However, over the last 10 days we experienced a complete thaw meaning all of our snow has melted. Our temperatures of above 30 during the day are unseasonably warm with rain, sleet and a few snow flurries.


Today I discovered a wonderful cross country ski area about 15 minutes away where they make snow.  I do not usually like to drive somewhere to exercise, but this winter I will be making an exception if the current weather pattern holds. The park where I skied was lovely with woods and wonderful trails that will definitely challenge me as the season progresses.

I did a great deal of baking with my 5 year old grandson over the past week. It was lovely. 

 I also would like to acknowledge that this post marks my 300th post! I have made many life style changes that have allowed my to lead a healthier life. I am not perfect in my eating or in my exercise, but I have stayed with it. I have maintained all the weight that I lost and fluctuate between 2 pounds of my lowest weight. I still have another 30 pounds to lose and of course I have some other fitness goals. I am a work in progress and happy about how far I have come. For those of you still reading, thank-you for your support and kindness.

Happy Holidays to you and your family!  Enjoy this season with your family and friends. TTFN,
Michele


4 comments:

  1. So good to hear from you, Michele! You and I are in the same situation, each with 30 pounds to lose. We will do this in 2015, but our lifestyle changes and previous weight loss is also important to our overall health. Have a wonderful holiday season with family, and we must meet in 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was nice to hear from you. I wish you have a very Merry Christmas. Blessings my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michele! Found you from Julie's blog. Hope you have a GREAT new year!

    ReplyDelete