Sunday, October 5, 2014

Catching Up!

Happy Fall! 
I am already 5 weeks into a new academic year. I adore my work, but, no matter how many years I have been at it, the first few weeks are a blur. Now that things have settled down, I am catching up on blogging. I am doing well! My total cycling miles are up to over 2300! I know my cycling outdoors is winding down, so I am trying to get out as much as possible. Here are a few pictures from a nice 25 mile loop I did through Minneapolis on one of our balmy September days.







My eating is going well. I have renewed my focus on my next 10 pounds. To do that, I am tracking what I eat and trying to keep up on my exercise. Dinner for most days consists of a salad with an added topping (like a little bean salad or some nuts and dried fruit). It is also apple season here in Minnesota so I have enjoyed many apples tossed into my salad, too. I have not lost my sweet tooth, however, I have learned to manage it. I budget in a treat once every 3-4 days. Most treats are things that I bake, so I know exactly what is in them! I am pretty good about only eating a little, too (at least most of the time).

Hope you are doing well in your own journey!
Michele

4 comments:

  1. I just found your blog. I'm adding you to my blogroll, I hope you will consider adding me to yours.
    http://eyesonthehourglass.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great to hear from you! We have had some lovely fall days here in Minnesota, haven't we? I hope I current cool weather turns into a beautiful fall days with crackling leaves, blue skies, and cool crisp evenings. It's good to hear that you are focused on your next 10. I'm doing that too, as I would like to have ten more off by our anniversary in December. I still won't do a "diet" per se, but maybe less eating in restaurants, with their hidden calories, would be a good idea. I continue to lose, so I'm trying not to become focused on how fast, because that will backfire on me, I know. Take care and enjoy the Twin Cities fall days. We're up there lots of weekends staying in the condo. It would be fun to get together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's some pretty impressive mileage. :-)

    ReplyDelete