Sunday, August 3, 2014

Endurance sports and charity events


Greetings All,
My son Josh and I went on the Tour de Tonka, a fundraiser for Minnetonka schools and the local food shelf yesterday. It was a great ride and a beautiful day for cycling. We completed the 44-mile ride with about 500 other people on a rolling course that wound through 4 other municipalities in and near Lake Minnetonka, one of the largest urban lakes in our state. The spirit of this ride was purely recreational which was great. I had never been to this beautiful lake, but these pictures will help you to see that I hope to go back sometime soon.

I enjoy cycling and support charity events that couple cycling (or other exercise) as ways to generate much-needed funds.  In my book it is a win-win for both the organization and of course the participant(s). I plan on doing many more charity cycling events in the future. What about you? Do you have a favorite charity event that encompasses a sport or endurance?
TTFN,
Michele

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I love doing charity cycling events...and running ones. Lately I've only done running ones. I SOOOOO need to dust off the bike and get out there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike and I are doing a 5k this weekend for our local fire department and than next Saturday we're doing another but it's a Zombie run for a different fire department. We do alot for our fire departments and really enjoy them
    Blessings Michele!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's very nice to combine exercise activities and charity events. At this time, I don't have one that I do, but I'm thinking that I could do some that involve walking. It really helps to get the exercise in while at the same time, raising money to help others. Way to go, Michele!

    ReplyDelete