Thursday, July 17, 2014

STP: Seattle to Portland Finisher!


On July 12 and 13, I rode 207 miles in the Seattle to Portland Ride with my son Sean.
Four years ago, I could never have imagined doing a ride like this. Even three years ago when I did my first organized ride (the Tour De Cure) for 27 miles, I did not envision that I would do back to back centuries. I still have about 30 pounds that I would like to shed, but that extra weight has not stopped me in becoming more fit that I have ever been in my life. 


The route was mainly flat and as you can see here, just beautiful.


I also could not imagine four years ago that my adult son Sean would ride this event with me. He was a great supporter and encouraged me when the route or the heat became hard. I think there were times when I surprised him at my stamina (like riding by him when he was trying to keep a slower base). He drafted me across many parts of the route which saved my energy for when I needed it (the hills). Plus, he was just good company. I would never recommend riding an event like the STP without a companion. 

Finally, as I rode along the route, I was amazed at the diversity of people that rode. All body types and sizes participated, including a few kids aged about 10-14. It was a long ride, but it was something many people could do with proper training. It was not a race, it was a cycling event. 




What about you, have you ever wanted to challenge yourself with a physical event? Maybe for you it is not the STP or not even cycling. If I can do the STP, you can do something physical, too. I was never an athlete, I still do not consider myself to be. I am someone who got fit by cycling and in the process found that I enjoy cycling tremendously. 

Enjoy your day and thanks for stopping by.
Michele

4 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you. I have been checking your blog every single day to see how things had gone. I love the pictures and I mostly love that your son did this with you. AWESOME!!!
    Congrats Michele, you are one rocking lady!!
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you interested in attaining enlightenment and personal growth?

    Try doing the following two yoga exercises daily:

    Sodarshan Kriya Yoga

    Sat Nam Kriya Yoga


    Are you interested in preventing and curing cancer, Alzheimer's, high blood pressure, and many other common diseases using an inexpensive, natural indian spice called turmeric?

    Take two teaspoons full of turmeric powder mixed with a cup of warm soy milk (or any kind of non-dairy milk that you'd like). Also eat 2 or 3 black peppercorns along with it, as the pepper helps your body absorb the turmeric better. You also need fat for the turmeric to be absorbed properly, which is why drinking turmeric mixed in water won't work. You have to drink it with milk or some fatty based liquid. Do this twice a day and you will start to feel amazing within a couple of weeks.


    Lastly, please read the following two ancient indian scriptures which talk about the divine love of God:

    Ananda Vrindavan Campu PDF

    Govinda Lilamrta PDF


    If you have any questions about yoga, meditation, spirituality, or natural cures, feel free to email me at delugar@mail2tor.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!!!!!! That looks SOOOOOOO fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so awesome! Congratulations! !!

    ReplyDelete