Saturday, November 30, 2013

End of November and skating!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Yes, it is a little late for such greetings, but never the less those are my wishes. My family and I had a lovely Thanksgiving! I made two small turkeys for our large crowd, plus the stuffing, fresh cranberry sauce, a Dutch apple tart (see picture below) and 2 pumpkin pies. Others supplied the rest of the meal, including a large salad. It was a wonderful feast! I am happy to report that I ate in moderation. I planned the entire day to eat less, including just a yogurt for lunch.  I have no regrets.
Cycling I am still cycling about 3 times a week. My mileage is low, only about 30 miles per week, but I am still at it. I have good warm clothing so most of the time the chill is fine; now that wind is another matter! Here is a recent picture of my biking route.
Skating: This weekend we are at our cabin where both hubby and I were able to ice skate around the lake. I did only 1.50 miles, where as he, the Dutch speed skater did 8. Tomorrow I will take out my cross-country skies! Love winter!



I have spent nearly every spare moment working on a couple of big projects related to my academic life, a grant and a revision of a paper. Here is my desk and my beautiful view at the cabin.


I have much to be thankful for, including better health. Take care of yourselves now that December is here. Stay strong and TTFN, Michele

6 comments:

  1. So good to hear from you. You're looking very good! Have a wonderful holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michele, What cute skating pictures! I'm from MN, now living in WI, so it all looks so familiar and homey. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been away for a bit, but I'm back and I'm so glad you're still going strong! Love how you embrace winter sports! Happy for your family in PT, WA. I haven't been there for almost 20 years, but it's a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely setting to stay fit in and what a reminder - when we do what we love, it doesn't really seem like exercise - but it is! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I want to come live with you! I love the snow!! Hope all is well!!

    Have a fit day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving., that's great! How are you doing?

    ReplyDelete