Sunday, September 15, 2013

Sail-by, cycling and new low!


Greetings Bloggers!
Beautiful and mild weather has blessed us in the upper Midwest allowing me to do some course prep in my outdoor study!
took me to the Mississippi River.


 Many in my family rode bikes to soccer games, too.

  Last weekend, hubby and I went out to the Pacific Northwest and to Port Townsend where our son was honored for a sail boat he and his student built as part of the Port Townsend Wooden Boat Festival and the Northwest Wooden Boat School. See for yourself what a beauty this 24-foot day sailor is.



 The launch!


 Proud parents, including the father of Azulita's designer.


 First sail!


Azulita means little blue one. She is all wood, sleek and contemporary.
Our son’s brother in law designed her. 
 At the end of the Festival all the boats go out on a sail by, where they all go out into the sound and sail by each other. We were lucky enough to go out on Azulita for her
inaugural sail by.  While in Port Townsend I did a few long rides through beautiful countryside surrounded by the Sound.


In weight loss news, I am very happy to report that I am at a new low weight: 167!! I worked very hard this past summer eating well, tracking food and of course exercising. My new low brings me to 46 pounds off. I am closing in on an overall loss of 50 pounds, which I hope to get to by November. I am a very slow loser with a very low metabolic rate, however, my efforts are paying off. Slowly, but surely.  
Successful weight loss change comes about through life style changes. I have done just that. I plan and think ahead about the food I will eat whether it be going to work or on vacation in places like Port Townsend. There is no magic for me, just determination to really make a difference in my own health, one of my most important assets. For all of you who struggle with weight loss and getting healthy:  you, too, can get fit and healthier.It takes time, but you can do it. 
Have a great week and TTFN,
Michele 

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful post, Michelle! Congrats to your son and to you for your perseverance in healthy eating. I have very much appreciated your blog and our interactions. I hope that we can meet in person in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the boat and your encouragement! Many congrats on your weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on EVERYTHING!!!!

    You are doing GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I can't imagine what it feels like to design your own boat, then build it and set sail. It must feel awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures!! Looks like so much fun;) I love how you said there is no magic it to it. I finally get that or think I do...lol

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on a new low, that is fantastic! I also really liked your pictures, boat looks beautiful :)

    I'm really glad to return from such a long blogging break to find that you're doing so well!!

    ReplyDelete