Sunday, September 29, 2013

MN Lynx, Fall, soup and lying low


It is a beautiful fall morning in North Western Wisconsin! 
I am going to start this post off with a few pictures of my favorite sports team: the Minnesota Lynx who are headed later today into the second game of the Western Conference Championship. 






We were at the last game, which was absolutely dazzling!. Crossovers jumpers and set plays. Some plays were just beautiful. I adore this team and the inspiring women and athletes that they appear to be. 
Yesterday I made my first roasted tomato basil soup.
It was delicious. We had our own basil from the garden, onions and some tomatoes, too. 
I am lying low today and for the next few days while recovering from an unexpected case of bronchial asthma. I guess it is chronic for me now. Once I get over this bout, I will start to figure out my triggers so that I can keep it at bay. It means no cycling for me for a few days. The nice part about seeing my primary care was having that weigh in. I did not dread it at all. I weighed in the morning before I went and found I was at a new low (166). With all my clothing I was an even 168 at the doctor's office. My lowest weight recorded by them, too. That was a great scale victory. I am now taking prednisone and am well aware of the weight gain that corresponds with that medication among other side effects.  I am now only 3 pounds away from 50 pounds lost. Plus, I figured out that my current BMI is 30.5, so I am only .6th of a point away from getting out of the obese category forever. I will work hard to not gain any weight while on that dreaded medicine. 

Laying low for me will mean cleaning out my computer while I watch some movies and sorting though some old pictures. Have a great rest of your weekend. Stay strong in your journey to better health! TTFN, Michele



3 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear you are ill, Michele! And you may remember that I can more than empathize with the prednisone dilemma having been on it numerous times over the past decade. If it encourage you, I have been able to complete a dose-pak without gaining weight, but it has taken every ounce of will power I possess. I wish you the best of luck both with your recovery and dealing with the prednisone. Sure wish I could come go with you to one of those Lynx games!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All time low!! Thats awesome!! Congrats!!!
    Hope you recover quickly from the asthma!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!!!! I am so happy for you. Hope you back to perfect health. Sorry I haven't been by. Take care.

    ReplyDelete