Monday, December 24, 2012

Greetings of the Season!


Greetings Friendly Bloggers!
In the Upper Midwest, it is winter! For snow and cold lovers we have some of both. We will have a white Christmas! I was able to break out my cross country skies and even do some ice skating on our small lake. The ice in the lake is already 8 inches thick which is strong enough for ice skating and cross country skiing. Here are some pictures.
Here you can see how thick the ice is.

Frozen bubbles in the ice

Here you can see how wonderful the ice is for skating. It is like glass!

First ski tracks of the season!


Ice fishing!

I started exercising again after my long fall bout of respiratory grud. I cannot tell you how good it feels to get outside and exercise. Cycling is at a standstill for now until the streets are ice-free. Plenty of outdoor choices though with walking ice-skating and cross-country skiing. 

As I write this I am listening to the Minnesota Public radio holiday stream (http://minnesota.publicradio.org/radio/services/cms/holidays/stream/). We will have many family members coming and going over the next few days as we celebrate Christmas at our cabin.  We have plenty of good food, sweets and treats too, but, mostly very healthy and good food for all. I am not worried about eating this holiday. I have maintained my over 42 pound loss for quite some time and know I will continue what works for me now. 

Jo, you are in my thoughts every day. To the family's of Sandy Hook~my heart aches for you in this time of sorrow...
See you in 2013 my friends. Be safe. Stay strong in your healthy ways. TTFN, Michele

8 comments:

  1. Always so good to see a post from you. I miss those days of your sabbatical when you posted more frequently. I always love seeing Minnesota (and Wisconsin) through your eyes. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas and best to you in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to you and your family, Michele. So glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you a most wonderful Merry Christmas!!!! Happy New Year. Always nice to "see" you. Love that you are still doing well with the weight loss and it was wonderful to see the "first ski" marks of the season!!

    Much love

    MO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas Michele. I wish you and yours the very, very best today and all next year.
    Life here has been awesome with Mike home, with family and the holidays. It's been wonderful.
    Take care my friend and God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the snow and ice pics! I love the winter weather and enjoying that iced over pond vicariously through your blog. Thanks your blog friendship through the year and my best to you in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Holidays to you and yours Michelle! Looking forward to 2013!
    Much love,
    Mer

    ReplyDelete