Saturday, December 10, 2011

Quick update from San Francisco!


Hello Blogger Friends,
Just a quick update for my two challenges:
Challenge updates
Track my food intake daily: Yes. Done 6/7 days. Stick to under 1500 calories on average a day: Well, I did this for 6/7 days. It was Dutch Sinterklaas this week; I went over by 500 calories on Monday, but the rest of the week was great. Exercise, rigorously, at least 8 hours per week: I exercised 5/7 days for a total of 5 hours with 12 miles. Now that biking is on hold, I will need to pick this up a little more.   Weigh in: No weigh in this week. December  17 will be the next one. Plan for eating for the big holidays: Yes, good for the most part. but no biggie. Continue to learn about what works best for me in this journey to better health, specifically losing and maintaining weight loss as we age and our metabolism slows down: Yes. Support and encourage other weight loss bloggers: Yes indeed!
We are off on a quick trip to San Francisco to visit my brother and his wife for his birthday. We will also get to see our son and new daughter-in-law! They have their proofs from their recent wedding: can't wait to see all the pictures!  We will get to do some hiking today in Muir Woods (Ewa, I will think of you!) and of course eat plenty of good and healthy (mostly) food. Have a great weekend! TTFN, Michele

17 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful trip and enjoy seeing family. I love Muir Woods. What a beautiful place. Good job, Michele. You are steadfast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah biking in the MN winters is NOT fun. I am still walking several times a week and am planning on doing so for the winter, but oh it is getting so cold and it is only going to get worse... I am not sure I will be able to hold on all winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ewa LOVES Muir Woods!!! We were actually passing by on the way to Point Reyes. Had I read your blog earlier I would have at least waved in your direction. It was a good hiking day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are good at rolling with the punches. This time of year with the weather changing and the holidays makes us stretch a bit. Determination will find a way for sure. You have demonstrated that. Have fun wherever you are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have really been doing well during these challenges, well done!!
    I hope you have a great time in San Francisco :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great time Michele. I find your commitment to your health so refreshing. Keep up the great work.
    Thanks for your support and kind words. I can't wait for this test to be over and done with, I need it to be done.
    Take care my friend. Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ive always wanted to visit San Fran!!! Have a wonderful time!! Its been 18 years since Ive thot of Sinterklaas. I used to work with a lady from Holland and she introduced us! Thank you for the memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are doing awesome! Keep it up my Friend! Have a great trip!

    Also, thank you so much for checking up on me. I really appreciate it. It really made my day to see your comment!

    Keep focused!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You really do good on your plan. It is always encouraging to read your post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you're enjoying San Fran with the family, Michele. It's inspiring to read how you've learned to incorporate healthy eating and fitness into your life no matter what arises or what the occasion. You're not on a diet - you're on a life journey - and sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Muir Woods - that is in Mer & Mo's neck of the woods. Hope that your visit was wonderful and that you did get in some good hiking!!!

    MO

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a great time. ENJOY!!
    Take care Michele and have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete