Sunday, November 20, 2011

Snow and challenge Updates

Greetings on a beautiful snowy morning!
Winter has made its first appearance in Minnesota.


Probably not going to make it out on my bike today, but this snow will be gone in a couple of days. Weather over Thanksgiving is predicted to be 50 (!!), so you can bet I will be on my bike in a couple of days!

Time for challenge updates:

Give Yourself Your Best Gift and Christmas Dress

Challenge updates:

Track my food intake daily: Yes. Done all 7 days. Stick to under 1500 calories on average a day: My average was 1525, so great here. I actually came in under 1200 on four days that made it possible for me to have a higher calorie day, 2000, yesterday. 

Exercise, rigorously, at least 8 hours per week: I exercised 5/7 days for a total hours of 8.5. My biking mileage is at 36, and I once again climbed those stairs 6 times or 588 stair steps altogether, plus I walked about 8 miles.  I continue to include these core exercise from WB MD, too (twice),  that are helping me to strengthen other parts of my body. Five full days of exercise!

Weigh in this week was on Thursday. Most of you know that I hit another "low" at 173. I have lost 7 pounds since starting these challenges in September with 40 pounds total lost since June 26, 2010.

Plan for eating for the big holidays: Well here comes the big holiday and one of my favorites: Thanksgiving. I plan to allow myself 2000 calories on T-day, so YES!, I will have a piece of pumpkin pie (a piece). Our dinner is always late, 6 pm, so on T-Day, I will eat lightly with generous helpings of salad and other veggies for lunch. We will have a tray of veggies, too, for appetizers that I will enjoy. I plan to bring some fruit (we still have plenty of Honeycrisp apples) for me to munch on as I play games with the GBS while the turkey is a-roasting. Plus it will be a warm Thanksgiving for us, so a-biking I will go later this week.

Continue to learn about what works best for me in this journey to better health, specifically losing and maintaining weight loss as we age and our metabolism slows down: Yes. I am reading and learning more things about my body as I age.

Support and encourage other weight loss bloggers: Yes. I continue to do this.

All of the above helps me to meet my target for the Christmas Dress Challenge. I remain focused and moving forward.Only two more weeks to the holiday party where I will wear this dress!

Enjoy a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family and friends. Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you, for sharing with me in my journey to get fit and healthy. Have a great week. TTFN, Michele

15 comments:

  1. Good for you! There will be two kinds of pie at my Thanksgiving and I'm glad neither is a favorite of mine:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! Thank you for the suggestion about eating the salad, I'm also considering bringing a big salad and filling half of my plate with that! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first snow is always so magical.

    I have a similar plan for Thanksgiving. Plan ahead, and moderation. We can do it. I don't really WANT the stuffed feeling I used to love. Much better for the digestion.

    I hope you and your family have a great Thanksgiving, Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! I like your plan :)
    Your pictures makes me wish for the snow to stay away from here for just a bit longer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful and healthy Thanksgiving, Michele.
    Not much chance of snow where I live, we have to commute to snow. :(
    Great job on your weight loss!!! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job Michele. Bummer Adrian Peterson got hurt today. Enjoy the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bwahahahaha-that snow made me want to cry! It is so pretty! I wish Texas would at least move into FALL!

    Good for you and your new low-I guess a changeup to shock the system is a good tactic every so often! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Week after week of hitting your goals. Forgot to give you a big congrats on the weigh-in last week as well. Keep up the great work!

    We got our first snow of the season as well. Ready or not, winter is here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are awesome Michele. I am just so darn proud of you for doing what you want most. Good plans for Thanksgiving. Same here.
    Good luck this week. Take care and have a blessed Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats.....on everything.
    Beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you have a plan and it is working for you. Enjoy that piece of pumpkin pie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pictures - you're doing great and you plan for Thanksgiving sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Michele - I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. It sounds like you will be on plan and keeping on track! The snow looks beautiful - we had our first in October but I am hoping we get more closer to Christmas. Congrats on your new low! And thank you for taking the time to always encourage and inspire!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow. You are doing really well with your weight loss, way to go!

    I wish it snowed here, this heat is killing us.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah snow....all we've had is rain and wind - very stormy!

    Keep up the great work my Friend!! You are doing awesome!!

    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete