Saturday, October 22, 2011

Fall break and challenge updates

Greetings from the Northwoods!
It was a beautiful fall Saturday in the Northwoods of NW WI. For the last five days I have enjoyed the company of some of my favorite little people who were on fall break from school. It was warm enough for a picnic by the lake on Thursday afternoon with three of the grandbbaies. We rode our bikes two miles to this little county park. Noah (2) was in the Burley.
They played by the lake after we ate.

The grandbabies definitely slowed me down on exercising, although I still did get in over 51 miles on my bike. Many of those rides were slow because they were with me. I also towed the Burley over 20 miles with that two year old. I used our riding time to share bike safety with them and taught them a few tips about going up and down hills. Slow, but sweet rides.

Here is Owen my biking companion all week....

I can't believe we are in the third week of October!! Ready for my challenge updates?? The first two are:

You all know that I am taking part in three weight loss bloggy challenges. You have read my statement for the Give Yourself the Best Gift challenge: (I plan to give myself a gift this holiday season. It is the gift of commitment to continue to move forward toward good health and renewed fitness by eating less and moving more. At the end of the season, my gift will be not only quantifiable in terms of pounds lost and miles cycled or walked, but will be the feeling of satisfaction and pride in my continued efforts to regain my health, even during the holiday season). I will summarize my progress on my action points next:

I tracked food again 7/7 days, coming in about 1650 calories every day. I exercised 6/7 days for a total of over of 7 hours this week, with a cycling total today of 51 miles, walking 4 miles. I did not get up the stairs once this past week, but did walk a couple of small hills. I did not weigh in this week (every two weeks). I believe I checked in with all challenge bloggers spreading love. I failed (again!!) to read more about changing metabolism as we age and weight loss, but will! In sum, I think I am doing great on both of these challenges. I tried on that little red dress and it zipped up!! Snug, but zipped!! The fall challenge (next) will make that little red dress a reality.
My goals for this challenge are:
1. To aspire to
300 miles of cycling in October. I am shooting for 26/31 days on the bike. How did I do: Great! I rode 6/7 days with a total mileage so far of 51. My October mileage is: 248!! I am right on track for 300 miles.

2.
Walking: I am going to strive for 10 days of walking and a total mileage of 35 miles walked. How did I do: Great! Walked for a total of 5 miles.

Have a great rest of your weekend. Thanks for reading and stopping by. TTFN! Michele

18 comments:

  1. I love reading all that you're doing Michele. I'm glad you got the grandbabies to enjoy during MEA. No matter the speed you still got lots of time in on your bike and walking, YEAH!!!
    Keep up the great work. Take care and have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are making memories with those little ones. You will never regret slowing down a bit so they can tag along. Love to a child is spelled
    T - I - M - E.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading about your adventures at the new cabin. It must be incredibly beautiful there particularly right now.

    Keep going with the challenges. I'm expecting a picture in that red dress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing well. Have another great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you are doing great. Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to nail October so far Michelle! Really impressive!

    Way to make time for family as well. Best use of our time for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's an awesome amount of walking!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pics! Looks like you are going great guns. Keep up the awesome work!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michele, great job on your challenges!!! That's a lot of bike miles for October! Or any month, for that matter. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always love to look at your pictures that you are posting. And you are also doing great in keeping your goals. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for the kind words in my blog! Really nice to see yours too, I'll add you to my blogroll and come back later. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are really killing this challenge Michele. Yay. LOVE the photos of your family! Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like all is in control, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Always love your Twin Cities pics. Lovely Midwest metropolis. The water access is so beautiful! You are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Spending quality time with the little ones is good for the soul! Looks like you had a wonderful time - I love this time of year - I wish October was longer! Congrats on getting the dress zipped! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so glad to hear you're making progress with your dress, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pretty pictures. And, boy, are you focused and disciplined when it comes to goal-setting AND achieving. Great job! Happy riding/walking this week. We're supposed to get 12 inches of snow tonight so if this heads your way, look out!

    ReplyDelete