Sunday, September 25, 2011

Fall and challenge updates

Greetings on a fine autumn morning in Minnesota!
The leaves in our beautiful hard wood forests are just beginning to color. For starters enjoy a few pictures.


Challenge Updates: Let me begin by update with:
1. Track my food intake daily: I did this only 4/7 days. I definitely need to improve for next week. Tracking is key to my successful weight loss. I am not going to dwell on all the reasons I opted to not track. Suffice is to say that I am ready to get back on track!

2. Stick to under 1500 calories on average a day: I know I was over, especially on the days that I did not track. Again, better to move on than dwell on the reasons I was over.

3. Exercise, rigorously, at least 8 hours per week: All together I did 5.5 hours on my bike and 1.5 walking. One hour short is not bad. Next week: full 8 hours!

4. Weigh in every two weeks: Next weigh in is October 2!

5. Plan for eating for the big holidays and other events during this challenge, including football games, Halloween, concerts, Thanksgiving and of course Christmas: I attended a couple of great Lynx games. I ate really well: diet soda and a couple of cups of popcorn.

6. Continue to learn about what works best for me in this journey to better health, specifically losing and maintaining weight loss as we age and our metabolism slows down: I did not do much this week, but plan to look up the articles that I mentioned in this post.

7. Support and encourage other weight loss bloggers (including some butt kicking as needed): Yes, I was able to get around to most of the bloggers on both challenges. Many of you are off to a GREAT start!
You can see by my seven action points above that I did not make much progress for this challenge. However, I will try that dress on at each weigh in and let you know how it fits.

New followers: Thank-you for following me! Thanks for reading. Thanks for stopping by and spending part of your day with me. Have a great start to your week and TTFN! Michele

PS: The MN Lynx are going to the WNBA Finals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wahoooooo!!!

26 comments:

  1. I like your goals- I'm thinking about the holiday dinners too. It's going to take some time since I've cut the wheat along with the meat. Though I did promise the lovelies that I would make a turkey for Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking of a Midwest fall showing compared to where I live. I grew up SE of you in Madison, Wisconsin.
    The Land Of 10,000 Lakes looking beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
    Great goals for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures, keep them coming, I miss out on all the color down here in Florida.
    Great goals sure you will meet them all next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures. I miss living in the "woods." Sometime this week or next weekend I'm going to make a point of going out by the old place to take some pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the Fall colors! What tool do you use to track all of your food? Curious, I use MyFitnessPal - if anybody else does reading this, let me know your username so I can add you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fall here in CA is slow in coming, as it is every year and of course we do not get this amazing color display you do. I used to live in MA and I miss fall colors terribly.
    Good job on your goals.
    Kicking butt... may I kick yours a little? From my reading, slowing metabolism is mostly due to the fact that we lose muscle mass as we age. So I am not sure if you do much strength training but adding a few (not too many) pounds of muscle will help in calorie burning dept.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you know exactly where you are, where you need to be and what you have to c=do to get there. Great job. I hope week 2 is successful for you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful colors. Autumn is my favorite season. Keep at it. Tweak your program and you will get results I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have such beautiful fall colors in Minnesota. We just have yellow aspen - and lots of them! 7 hours of exercise is a 700 times better than no exercise! You're doing great and I do appreciate your comments and support so you have #7 above totally nailed. Good job. Off to another week of transformation! Blessings, Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Michele. Love your goals. WOW....those photos are wonderful. Fall colors are BEAUTIFUL!!!! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your goals Michele. Your trees are about the same as ours. I'm taking my mama on a day trip on Tuesday so will take some pictures. Keep up the great work Michele. Tracking is so hard, I know but you've done so good, so get back at it girly.
    Take care and have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great goals and great pictures. We miss out on the beautiful autumn here. There are not so many trees and not much nature around here. That means I just get to see how beautiful autumn can be, if I look at pictures from others. Thanks for posting some.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Michele,
    We just got back from the lake tonight, and what a gorgeous Minnesota fall weekend it was! Keep working toward your goals, and you will get there. I will do my challenge check in tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post! I was excited, your goals is awesome, you did defiantly ..... thanks for creating and sharing it!


    Weight Gain

    ReplyDelete
  15. You will reach your goals!! Keep up the great work my Friend!!

    Stay focused!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice goals! They're so...impressive!! I can't even image working out for 8 hours a week. Makes me tired to think about it, lol. You're truly an inspiration!! Good luck for the next 2 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. 5.5hrs is a lot, well done! I'm only going to try my dress on a month intervals I think, I don;t think there will be much difference week by week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love those fall pics. I know I just don't do as well when I'm not tracking. I love your goals and I agree that they are excellent plans for success.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those pics are beautiful. That might inspire me to get in my walks outside. The scenery makes it enjoyable! We're still pretty green (and rainy here in NJ) - I cannot wait for fall to really get here. I feel like we are in some weird seasonal purgatory!
    Good job on getting in all of that exercise...I'm with you - I want to get more in, but I'd say you did great!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I got off to a slow start on my action points, too. But all that exercise! Wonderful, even if it did fall short of the goal you set.

    I love the fall pictures. Really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are doing great - you are making progress and that's what matters. Tracking food is hard for me too. I managed more than I have before, but not the full seven days. It will come. Habits take a month to create! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Keep on rockin' it girl! You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm finally linking up for the challenge! So glad to be in the challenge with you. You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  24. awesome pics!
    keep going!! one day at a time.. one goal at a time..

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful pics! Good job on the exercise, even if it wasn't as much as you hoped. Tracking...well...I did it for over a year, and now when I don't write it down, I do it in my head. But thanks to your post, today I am getting my pen and paper back out and will just do it. Doesn't it feel good to inspire at least one person? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I think you did okay for the first week of the challenge! Its all a process, just keep working on it! Sorry it has taken so long for me to get around to checking and commenting on blogs, I had a busy "weekend" (My weekend is Sunday-Monday, but this week it included Tuesday!)

    ReplyDelete