Wednesday, September 28, 2011

1000 Miles!

I hit 1000 miles cycling today!!!! I did not set out to hit that mark, but the weather was such grand MN fall weather, I could not stop. Plus, I am trying to learn some of the cycling trails in north-west Minneapolis, an area that I have not biked much. There are a number of beautiful natural areas and parks, but, many trails crisscross and it is easy to make a wrong turn (yep, I did that). Once I got to 15 miles, I knew I was going to reach the full 19 miles I needed to hit 1000 miles.

One thousand miles in 15 weeks is 66.66 miles per week. Just think of all the places one could go from Minneapolis with about 1000 miles. How about: Knoxville, TN; Dallas, TX; Butte, MT; Buffalo, NY; Denver, CO; Ottawa, Ontario, Canada or Pittsburgh, PA? I think that is way cool. I was at the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden and took this picture late this afternoon. I did not know that my ride today would be the cherry on top!! Have a great evening and TTFN! Michele

14 comments:

  1. Amazing! That is a whole lotta mileage! How many tires you have to repair?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When (not if, but when) you come 1,000 miles to Knoxville, TN, it will be to HIKE with me. When (not if, but when) I come to Minneapolis, it will be to BIKE with you! And I can't wait for both to happen.

    Congratulations on reaching an amazing goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, 66 miles a week!!! That is A LOT! It looks like you even have fun by doing that! Congratulations! 1000 miles in just 15 weeks is quite something!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOOOO AWESOME!!!!!!!! Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my dear friend that is awesome. YEAH!!! for you. WOW, you amaze me.
    Keep biking, you have another couple-few weeks left. Take care my friend. Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great accomplishment! I hope to hit 1000 miles running before the year is out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go, Michele! So when can I expect you in Denver? LOL You're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats, Michele!! You are a champion!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulation my Friend!! You are amazing!!! Keep up the fantastic work and stay focused!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's so awesome, Michelle! Very few people on this planet have cycled 1,000 miles ( in such a short time!).

    You are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete