Thursday, August 4, 2011

Wedding pictures and WA State, Part 2

In my last post I shared with you some of the pictures with an overview of our trip to Washington State and Olympic National Park and Port Townsend. Today, I am happy to share with you some of the pictures of our son’s wedding. These are pictures that I took, or someone else, not the “official” photographer’s photos. Come join me while I share one of our family's precious life events.

The festivities started with a shower for the bride on Thursday. When the women of my family arrived, we got this glimpse of the bride peeking out at us from the hotel. It is one of my favorite moments and set the stage for so many wonderful interactions between the two families and all of the guests.
On Friday, my hubby and I hosted a rehearsal lunch at
the Clam Cannery in Port Townsend. This was the setting!!

My son, Sean, and his bride, Anne, were married on their property in
Port Townsend. They will eventually build a home here.
Here is a glimpse at the preparations:
The runner making a walkway through the forest.
We all stayed at Fort Worden in PT. There was an old gas station that
made for a great backdrop for pictures of the groomsmen, groom and our family before the wedding. Their wedding had a slight prohibition/twenties theme.

My hubby and I with our six grandbabies!
Owen, age 6!
Hann, age 4.
All six dressed and ready to go!
Me!
The flower "chaos" as it was called.
Here comes the bride!

Wedding vows
A newly married couple!
The get away truck!

The pictures do not covey the depth of pride I felt at the way our son and daughter-in-law planned this wedding, including the service. It was beautiful and poignant. Something unique that they did was to have the officiant share with all of us what it was about their partner that made them certain he or she would be the one for life. In addition, they found a way to thank all the parents for their role in creating a partner who they so loved. We are so very happy that they found each other. Life is good.


Thank-you for reading. Have a great weekend and stay strong in your journey to better health!

Michele

13 comments:

  1. Yay!!!!! These are GREAT pictures! Can you send them to me? Love you, The Bride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, the photo of you is absolutely gorgeous - you look FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michele, my favorite is the black and white one with the grand kids. Such a keeper! What a beautiful and interesting wedding theme. My best to your son and new daughter-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhh - how wonderful is all of that. So glad you shared with us all - looks like it was a grand old time!!!!!

    Staying MOtivated MO

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful setting for a wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely lovely! You look AMAZING and so different, so much younger! I love the pic of you and the grandkids!! Congrats to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so beautiful!!!! Love those photos, especially that shot of you and your husband with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those pictures Michele. It was wonderful. They are such a wonderful couple. AMAZING!! I love the setting and you my dear are just plain beautiful!!!
    Thank you for sharing. I'll have to read part 3 when I get back. In less then 6 hours we'll be heading out the door for 8 days of wonderful.
    Take care and have a blessed evening.
    P.S. Butterfly one went to heaven, the rest haven't changed so they went home with Rachel and Abby. They promised to take pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely amazing wedding! You also looked great. Congratulations to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look beautiful and sooooo young!!! Pictures are amazing!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous pictures! What a lovely and unique site for a wedding, it looks magical. You look absolutely beautiful, happy & confident in your pretty blue dress. Looking at the pictures & reading your thoughtful post, I could feel the love & pride you feel in your family. You brought tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely. I live very near your son and his new wife. Looks like you caught perfect weather! The children look so adorable... bride and groom glowing. Lovely.

    I have also broken my 5th met. Heals up stronger than it was before you broke it! Love to see you cast biking! The good news is your calf will be ever so thin when you are relieved of your cast wearing duties. : ))

    ReplyDelete