Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Travel!

Greetings from Exteter!
I wrote before about the travel I am privileged to do because of the professional work I do, plus remember I am on sabbatical. This time I am at the University of Exeter in southern England at a conference from the European Association for Learning and Instruction. I will present two papers, one on Wednesday and the other on Friday. Exeter and the area around here is beautiful and quaint: rolling hills, winding roads and of course everything English. Enjoy a few pictures!
One of the old squares at night
Close up of a beautiful old building
A view from campus of the hills and countryside
Beautiful old trees on campus
Clock tower
In case you were wondering: YES! I am still tracking my food (even the tasty beverages at the pubs!). I so far have not done any cycling, but I tell you, walking up and down the hills to different sessions is burning some calories. My pedometer for today says I walked 3 miles.
Cheerio my friends!
Michele

10 comments:

  1. that is so cool. i'm a wee bit jealous. no lie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you are so lucky with all the travel. Enjoy it and thank you for sharing. Take care Michele and God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your travel! So jealous! Stay on track! You can do it! Thanks for sharing the pictures!
    Have fun! Mer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh you are in UK! I hope you have a fantastic time and are looked after beautifully. You need ANYTHING message me and I will come!

    I hope you enjoy your stay
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, beautiful! Enjoy - what an opportunity! Thanks so much for your comments on my blog - my Dad was a "Bull" too, but didn't say comments directly to me, just looking at others which made me think of what he must be thinking of me...And things that I wished he'd said but he never did say :( . He's gone also, but I agree, I think I would have been able to have a good chat with him now, if he were around. ((( hugs )))
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so beautiful!! I bet you are glad to be fit enough to walk those hills. All your hard work is paying off!!

    Enjoy your time there!!

    Keep focused!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonder pics! Glad you are enjoying your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for commenting on my blog. Your photos are great. We're going to be in France and London in early Oct. Love to travel. I agree with your take on losing weight. You have done very well, indeed. I'm working on it and finding my way. Sometimes that means listening to your heart and knowing yourself.

    ReplyDelete