Saturday, August 6, 2011

STS Update!

Slimmer This Summer Challenge update.
I am happy to report today that I bounced right back to eating well and exercising after my return from the wedding and vacation. Here is my Slimmer This Summer Update:

Weight loss:

No weight loss to report. I plan to weigh in again on August 24.

Tracking food: I picked up tracking again on Wednesday. I returned Monday night, so gave myself one day off before getting back at it. Since I restarted tracking calories per day have averaged about 1500, a little high, but you will see that I have been hard at cycling this week.

Move more: You can see by my mileage tracker that I have logged many miles this week. As of today 117 miles, although to be fair 35 of that was on vacation, putting 82 miles for Tuesday through today, Saturday. Our bike season is at its peak right now thus I am taking advantage of every possible moment. This week I completed two-twenty mile rides and for the first time joined the Twin Cities Bike Club (TCBC) on a 30 mile ride.

TCBC is a voluntary organization that hosts rides every day of the week for riders at various levels with "C" being the lowest and "A" being the highest. I am at a "B/C" level meaning I can keep the pace of B (13 MPH average) but where our rides average about 11 MPH (level C is 10 MPH average). Average is the key word here. Our range for the ride I went on was 8 (hills) to 17!! I made it the whole way, too! I was in the rear on our last few miles but I stayed with the pack and leader the first 20 miles or so. It was a lot of fun, plus, I learned some good safety tips for stopping with straps on my pedals. Here are pictures of the falls (Camden Falls) where we rode, plus a group picture of the 8 of us. I plan to do at least one ride a week with this group from now until the end of biking season.

Blogger love: Yes. I checked in on all of you this week, plus, I even checked in on some of the June Boomers (Alan's challenge) to see how they were doing. I was surprised at how many of the original Boomers are no longer blogging. With the STS, I only checked those who posted on Debbi's page. Of those, most are doing very well in meeting their goals. Getting healthy and fit is hard and takes time. Stay with us, you are worth it!

No big plans for the weekend for me except cleaning up and tackling some more organizational tasks. Hope to catch a movie this weekend, too! How about you? Any plans for the weekend?

Thanks for reading. Thanks for your support. Have a great weekend! TTFN, Michele

16 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you and just amazed at how great you do on your bike...20 miles I cant comprehend right no...I am happy if I make the one mile up the road and back completely flat..But it gives me a challenge to step it up some..Keep up the good work and can't wait to see your new weight loss total when u weigh in.
    Hugs,
    Jolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such an inspiration. =) I need to seriously get back into the gym and get back on the C25K bandwagon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michele, just catching up on blog reading. Your son's wedding looked BEAUTIFUL!!! As did you! Thank you for sharing the photos!!! All the best for a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You did quite a bit of biking. I was just telling my hubby that I wish I had learned to ride a bike when I was younger. So many people are getting back into bike riding and here in NYC, they've started adding bike lanes everywhere. But, alas, I never learned and am too chicken to try because I'm afraid of falling and re-injuring my knees.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lot of activity. Totally justifies upping the calories!

    Looking forward to more pics and more progress in your future updates!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I noticed that, too. It seemed to catch the eye of some newbies, and I guess a lot don't follow all the way through. Glad you joined the club in riding. That will push you to the next level!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is what I like to read! Great job in getting out there and getting it done. It's great you found others to ride with at your level. You will all help each other get better.

    This June Boomer is still around!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The miles are awesome, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so impressed with your biking! I would love it if we had some programs or even nice trails. But, no.

    You've been doing GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photo, you really are rocking the bike!

    Thanks for your comment, also thanks to your comment I know how 'let's get physical' running though my head.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Looks like you've been doing great! I've missed blogging so much! I finally came back from my very long vacation. I'm glad to be home again! I feel bad that I wasn't able to keep up with my blog with everything I had going on but I just couldn't focus on anything... I was constantly surrounded by people! So glad to have ME time again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the support. You are such a great role model.

    ReplyDelete
  13. TCBC is cool, I have been keeping an eye on them for years... lol. One day, when I feel strong enough! Although, I may be able to do the C rides right now. Isn't it great to gather with others? Glad you are keeping at it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are amazing! Great job with all of the riding. I've wanted to join a group, but have been to scared. I know...Chicken!

    Keep up the great work and stay focused!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are so amazing. All that bike riding is just awesome. Just got back from our canoe trip. Had a great time. More then 30 miles of paddling and 25 miles of hiking. I'll most hopefully in the next few days. Some beautiful pictures to share.
    Keep up the great work Michele. Take care and God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You inspire me. I love biking (outdoors, not indoors) but we have terrible roads in Atlanta. So dangerous. When I lived in Anchorage, we had the loveliest bike trails. You could easily get across town on them.

    But I recently got my van fixed so as soon as it cools off some, my teens and I will throw our second-hand-store bikes into the van and go to the Silver Comet Trail and put on some miles.

    I'm going too look for a bike club in my county, too.

    I got excited about riding, just reading your post. Tahnks!

    ReplyDelete