Monday, May 30, 2011

Texel

Today I am going to show you a little bit of one of the small islands that are in North Holland. We are going to Texel. If you look back at my last post you will see that Texel is in the North Sea~a small little group of islands known by many Europeans as a great “get away.” We will get off the Ferry and go right to rent bikes.
Let's hop on the bikes!
Texel is very rural so we will meander through a number of farm land areas.
That is the bike path on the left.


Time for a cup of coffee

Beautiful old barn.
We are approaching the beach now.
This little path goes up the dune toward the North Sea.
First we have to lock our bikes.


Above, Ellery is playing in the waves
Lots of school groups go to Texel.
They board the ferry with their bikes so they
too can bike the island
Walking path leading into the national park woods.
Bike path through the dunes.
Woods on bike path.
I will try to stay my healthy course by eating with
care and of course with lots of biking! TTFN and stay strong.
From the Netherlands, Michele

6 comments:

  1. Your posts are making me want to return to the Netherlands in the WORST way. LOL! We've been, but with a group and no spare time. Our goal is to go back during tulip (my favorite flower) season and bike, bike, bike!! You can be sure I'll be asking you for advice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you, Michele. My great-grandparents were from Holland, so we have relatives there and hope to go sometime in the near future. Still typing a a lefty, and recovering. I hope to do a post sometime today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michele, I am envious of how you have found such a good fit for a biking vacation (slash relatives visit). I don't know if I'll ever make it to the Netherlands, but I'm definitely thinking of where we could take a bike vacation. Last year, we took our bikes on our normal vacation and it really gave it a fresh feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!! Love the pics!! I feel like I just went on that little adventure with you. :) Happy Memorial Day Michele!!

    ~Margene

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love taking these little trips with you. It's like a mini vacation in my day. What a lovely, peaceful ride. Such variety, farmland, woodland and beach. Easy to see that you are enjoying every minute to the fullest. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos. At first I thought that the photos didn't look that different from the area in which I live -- till I came to that beautiful beach shot! My new floppy hat looks almost like yours!

    ReplyDelete