Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Seizing the moment!

Greetings on a beautiful spring day! This year spring in Minnesota is coming at a snail's pace. We had FLAKES of snow yesterday, so when the thermometer hits 60, I am out of here! First, I have to close up my computer. Ready for a bike ride???
Next, let's record our beginning mileage.
Let's ride along the creek: that is Minnehaha Creek close to my house.
Do you see the bike path leading up to the bridge?
After we follow the creek for a while we come
to the first of two lakes: this is Lake Nokomis.
Let's loop around it (only about 3 miles).

Next stop, Minnehaha Falls ( you have seen this before).
Roaring falls today!
Let's go take a break and eat some lunch by the fountain.
There are some blooming tulips here today!
And a few daffodils....
Now let's head back home, but this time we are
going to go around Lake Hiawatha.
Going around both those lakes made for a 20 mile ride today.
Way to prepare for the Tour de Cure!!
Have a great Tuesday everyone and TTFN, Michele

10 comments:

  1. Wow- what a pretty bike path!
    Love the spring flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty:) I can't believe how hard it was when I got back on my bike recently! We have been out twice now and are slowly, slowly working up the mileage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! LOVE IT! Go, you!

    And thanks for sharing those lovely pics with us, too.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to ride a bike again. I must find a way
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I've said before, I am so envious of your ability to just get on a bike and go with having to load on a car and drive. This is beautiful - I hope someday to come ride it with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So this is kind of the route "we'll" be taking? Look beautiful Michele. Oh I hope I don't disappoint you. I promise to give it my best.
    Take care and thank you for sharing. Oh by the way, day 1 of my 20 day challenge today. Just 5 miles but with a wee one on the back wiggling around.
    Blessings my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My first vicarious bike ride of May. Thanks Michele!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful there!! Love the pictures!!

    I am so dumb!! At first, I could not see how you got 20 miles off of your guage thingy (I don't even know what it's called). Geez, I finally figured it out. I just don't get those things. I have one on my bike and one time I was riding with my hubby and I told him it was broken, because the numbers were not changing fast enough. We stopped and he looks at it and tells me that the option I was looking at was the clock. LOL!!

    Keep pushing it - you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how I wish I were up to a 20-mile ride. I've just started back after winter and have only been averaging 6 - 7 miles per ride. It's still pretty cold here, and each day I have been able to get out has had me riding into 15 - 20 mph winds. Yuck! You will continue to be my bike-riding role model, Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 20 miles is impressive and what a lovely ride. Much nicer view than I have in my basement on the exercise bike. Maybe one day I'll be brave enough to try riding a real bike again.

    ReplyDelete