Friday, May 6, 2011

Happy Friday!

Happy Friday!

Great week in sports for the Minnesota Twins! If you have not heard, Francisco Liriano pitched a no hitter! Only the fifth in Twins history. He had a miserable April, but May is already a brilliant month for him.


Our weather is bordering on brilliant, too. With THREE (count ‘em, 1, 2, 3) days of 60 degrees this week. For me that meant getting out on my bike. Because I am in training for the Tour I did 16 miles today. I am slowly getting stronger and upping my pace. I did that 16 miles in 86 minutes!! I hope to have a 20-mile day this weekend. My eating has been good, but not great. Good thing I burned off 725 calories today because I had a few bites of Nutella today. Good thing that Nutella is about gone, too!


We will kick off the weekend on Saturday celebrating our first grandbaby's First Communion. Hard to believe a new generation in our family is beginning all of these sacraments. Happy Mother’s Day to all of you moms out there in bloggerland! Have a great weekend and stay strong! Michele

6 comments:

  1. Yes, our Minnesota weather has been wonderful this past week! I'm also glad that you are doing well with your bicycling training. I need a new bike, and I think that's what I'm getting for Mother's Day! Have a wonderful weekend with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Twins? I never really kept up with football..... sorry.....
    (heehee)
    Happy Mom's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that your weather is holding so you can continue your training. You are doing great!
    Enjoy your family time this weekend. You have a wonderful Mothers Day too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the no-hitter. I'm just returning from a conference that I was attending with a St. Paul native and a White Sox season ticket holder. There was quite a bit of banter between them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Up here, this is our 2nd 60* but no complaints, even the 50's aren't bad compared to what we've had. We did have hail and rain Thursday I think. The kids were out chaising the hail chuncks.
    Happy Mother's day to you too Michele. Keep up the great work. Today I'm heading to the gym after daycare. 1st time this week but did go out and hike twice and did some fish flopping exercises too. So not a total waste. Good thing a new week is coming, I'll be better.
    Take care and again HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have so many fantastic things to report - so awesome!!!

    Keep up the great work riding your bike. You inspire me!!

    Have fun with the grandbaby!

    Keep focused!

    ReplyDelete