Friday, April 15, 2011

Rekindling and Firing Up!

It is now only 5 weeks until the Tour de Cure, a cycling fundraiser for the American Diabetes Association on May 21. So, this week I have re-committed myself to putting my best foot forward to prepare for this bike tour. It is something I never thought that I could do, and I am going to give it my best effort. I am overcoming my inertia and status quo stance and getting fired back up again to move forward in fitness. With 5 weeks left to go, I know I have enough time to train and prepare for my 31 miles. Bike riding season has barely started in Minnesota, however, I have already completed two twenty mile rides (one at a National Seashore last week in Florida). So, Tour de Cure here I come. This will be my weigh (way) of rekindling my resolve toward my own fitness goals despite the other recent events.

This last photo is one I took on our last morning in Florida last week before we left for New Orleans. So, Jackie: here is my sunrise shot. To me: nothing speaks to the promise of a new day like watching a sunrise over a body of water.
Have a great weekend everyone! TTFN, michele

10 comments:

  1. You are the cutest thing EVER!! I love the picture of you. Makes me smile!!

    So excited that your doing the bike tour. That is awesome! I know you will get it done and have a fantastic time. Good for you!!

    Keep focused my Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so happy on your bike. This is a new day for you, I know that you have the attitude, determination and commitment to move forward. I can't really pull off saying "You go, girl!", but I'm thinking it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exciting!!! I know you will do great. It's so helpful to have a meaningful goal to help us stick to our convictions. I need a new one, too. I think I will look for a biking one for later in the summer. Ride on!! Great pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't gotten on the bike yet and have given up nagging my dear husband to get it ready for the season. But when he finally finishes taxes I'll resume my gently reminders that it is time to start pedaling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL shot!!!! VERY happy and excited for you doing the bike tour! FUN!! Have a great weekend Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That pictures is just plain excellent!!! Really both of them are great. I am glad your out and about on the bike. You'll have to explain how you can ride so many miles. I don't know if I can go that far. I'll have to give it a try and see.
    I'm glad you're doing okay. I'm glad to see you're back.
    Take care and have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are certainly an inspiration Michele. Having just gone through life altering events, I understand how easy it becomes to just sit still and no longer push to move forward. I will look to your example when I don't want to get out there and enjoy a day in the sun. :-) I am glad to hear that no lives were lost in the fire and will keep you and your family in my prayers as you continue to deal with the aftermath.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pic of you on the bike! And I couldn't agree more about sunrise over water. Been missing you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You go girl! What an inspiration you are to me! I now have no excuse, but to go and get my bike all fixed up to ride. Thanks so much for the kick in the butt! We all need someone like you to do that to us. I bet you had no idea that you did it! LOL!
    Enjoy!
    YOU CAN DO IT!
    NEVER GIVE UP!
    Always,
    Mer

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you! I wish I could find that fire again!

    ReplyDelete