Monday, April 25, 2011

Mileage and four week focus

It was a beautiful Easter Sunday for central and southern Minnesota! Warm, about 63 degrees. We took advantage of the beautiful afternoon to go on a first “family” bike ride of the season. That would be Oma and Opa, our son, Josh and his wife Autumn and their two kids, plus one more grandbaby. We rode over 12 miles back and forth to Minnehaha falls. Enjoy a few pictures.
Nani rode all 12 miles. She is 8!
Josh and Opa along trail.
Autumn with Burley and Nani trail riding!
Minnehaha Falls!
I continue to do well with exercise. I figured out some of my mile totals today. Since February 13 (when I started using a pedometer) I logged 189 miles walking. This amounts to about 3.25 miles per day! As far as biking, I have put on 100 miles since February 18. Not a lot, but then again, our biking season has been iffy until just recently. Over the last three days I rode 12, 16 and 14 miles respectfully. The Tour de Cure is only 4 weeks away now. I need to be able to do 31 miles in under 3 hours. Right now I am riding about 10 miles per hour. I hope to increase this pace to about 12 miles per hour when I ride the Tour. This week I hope to make one 20-mile ride and two more 15 milers.
My hybrid bike is super comfy.
Bike bags make it great to haul things around when doing errands.
Speaking of the Tour (May 21), I am going to make it my goal to stay really focused in the next four weeks with my eating. I REALLY would like to knock off another 5 pounds. This would put me in the low 180s the lowest I have been in many, many years. To do this I plan to stay right around 1200 calories a day, plus bike and walk. These four weeks will go by quickly, focus will help me to downsize. What about you, what goals do you have in sight for the next four weeks?

Have a great start to your week and stay strong. TTFN, Michele

19 comments:

  1. Great pictures as usual Michele!

    I am excited for your ride in May. I remember you talking about it before and it being a goal. I have no doubt you have this thing in hand already. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks wonderful...a lovely family occasion AND fitness workout too. Ive been considering a bike too
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG this post reminds me that I had a dream last night in which I was biking in Minnesota!! Around those fabulous lakes. Wonder where that came from.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a great time!!! 12 miles is a good amount for kids. Way to go everyone!!

    I am focusing on my daily goals. I really want to hit 10,000 steps per day! I usually get in 1 or 2 days a week. Want it to be more. I'm working on it!!

    Keep focused my Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful thing to be able to do with your family. I'm impressed with Nani, riding 12 miles at her age, WOW!

    I'd like to keep up my biking and add some walking in the next 4 weeks. I've been averaging just under 100 miles a week on the bike, so I'd like to do at least 400 miles in the next 4 weeks. Of course, I can only do this because it's not a real bike, just an exercise bike. I'd probably fall off a real bike, I haven't been on one in more than 25 years.

    You are doing great! I know that you will zip through that ride in May.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Michele. LOVE the photos. Congrats on all your biking and exercise! Have a wonderful day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful ride! And a great way to keep the kids healthy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah for you! I haven't used my new bike yet - but DH just put my basket on it on Saturday...so it's ready! Can't wait. We really haven't had very many good days for walking or biking yet. A slow spring here for sure!
    D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tremendous job, Michele. That sounds like a lot of miles walked and biked, given that the weather probably has it's ups and downs this time of year. Look forward to hearing about your training for the big ride.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love picture posts on blogs. I don't do enough of them.
    You are doing awesome on your bike. You keep it up girl. Before you know it you will be even thinner next time I see ya online.
    Take care!
    YOU CAN DO IT!
    NEVER GIVE UP!
    Always,
    Mer

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pics - Love seeing people have a great time!
    Glad you did!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the focus! I will be getting mine soon, too (not procrastinating, just truly planning and needing a day off... lol). Happy Trails!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are doing such a great job and totally inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Girl you are doing excellent. Last night I rode my first 10.56 miles ever. Not fast, not steady but out there. Your walking is amazing also. Keep up girl. You'll lose what you want in no time at all now that you've set your mind to it. You are focused!!
    Take care and I love the pictures. Thank you for sharing.
    God bless my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always smile after a visit to your site! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Keep on getting those miles in, lead the way for us!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful day! A celebration of life and the highlight of the past few weeks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love Minnehaha Falls. We have to haul our bikes up there, but it is worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Michele, I'm just about exactly where you are -- mid-180's and getting back into a daily exercise plan while resuming my biking. Only disappointing thing for me -- I was all revved up to start diligently on May 1 -- and I didn't realize today was May 1!! Duh. Okay, first Monday in May -- back on track. (That is tomorrow, isn't it? hahaha)

    ReplyDelete