Monday, March 14, 2011

Parting shots of San Fran

We will wind up our trip to San Francisco today. The conference I attended was informative, illuminating and inspiring! SF is a great city for walking. Since I arrived on Wednesday, I logged 26 miles of walking most of that up and down hills! Today is rainy, so hopefully I can get in one more walk before we head back to Minnesota. A few parting shots.
This one is the Bay Bridge at sunrise.


Surfer's bay and our surfing son!
Switchbacks that I tackled three different times
on a trail following the topography of the edgewater.
Last, a few pictures of wildflowers.
Hiding behind that rock are my favorite flowers and a sure sign of spring,
California poppy.

Make it a strong day everyone! TTFN from SF! Michele

9 comments:

  1. At least you're coming home to sunshine and 50* by Wednesday. I'm so glad you had a great time. Thanks for sharing.
    Take care my friend. God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wrong, but your son is hot. LOL!

    I love the pics! Thank you so much for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVELY shots of the Bay Area. Safe trip home Michele!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pics!! I have always enjoyed San Francisco when I've been there. That Alcatraz tour is incredible. The ocean looks incredible. Back to the snow soon, eh? Looks like you had a great time!

    ~Margene

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very nice SF area pictures there. Did you see any effects of the Tsunami in the area you were at? Safe journey back to MN!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pics! Bridges are so beautiful, the nice ones, anyway. Was also wondering if you saw any sign of the tsunami. And ladies in the comments section, control yourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful pictures. And 26 miles of walking! Sounds like you've had a good trip in many ways. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a fantastic trip!! Beautiful pictures!! Felt like I was there!! 26 miles is awesome. You rock!!

    Keep focused

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I had known you were in town. I would have loved to meet you. Perhaps at another NSTA conference. :)
    Mer

    ReplyDelete