Friday, February 25, 2011

Happy Friday!

Happy Friday!
Even with all the snow, it was a great week for exercise. I walked just under 25 miles this week, plus I was able to get in almost 5 miles of bike riding (!!!). My eating has been good, too, not perfect, but, good. This week I was determined to eat a large said at lunch. So, huge that it left me full, full, full. Besides all the veggies, I threw in a small hand full of cashews and cut up a few large olives. I love the “banquet” of taste from that mix of salad fixings (including grated up veggies like carrots) mixed with nuts and olives. Yum.

I am moving toward my eight month of my getting fit and healthy sojourn. You all know I am the slow and steady kind in weight loss and I have accepted it, for the most part. But over the last couple of weeks I have been wavering in the doldrums on and off. Loosing a bit of my determination edge and motivation. I know plenty of you are in that funk, too. You may not call it the doldrums, but as I read your rants, your “kicking and screaming” posts, or even your down in the dumps posts, I know you are there right along with me. For me, after almost 8 months, I have made progress, but still a way to go, a long way and s-l-o-w.

But here is the deal: when the going gets tough the tough get going. I don’t know who said that, but it holds true for my mission, and I bet it does for you, too. Every single day I trudge outside with all my winter’s wear on because my new habits of exercise and walking are taking root. Every time I pass up the high calories for something else, I am building my determination and resolve. Every time I try on something that did not fit just weeks or months ago, I am emboldened to persevere. I look where I am right now and NEVER want to go back to where I was at the start on June 26, 2010. Yep, this is hard and long, but I know I can do it. I am tough and I am going! The beauty of that adage, is that YOU can too!! So, rant and scream, wallow in the dumps, but what ever you do, don’t give up. You are tough. Tougher than you think. Pull yourself up by your bootstraps and get going, tough one!

Finally, this post is dedicated to ALL of you (Yes, YOU!!) reading today! You people ROCK! I cannot tell you how much inspiration I get from all of you as I read your blog posts or your comments on my posts. Thank-you for sharing part of your day with me!!

I want to give a special shout out to the many new followers that came on board. Many of those listed below are new to blogging and their getting healthy journey. Stop by and encourage them if you haven't already.

135 by 2012
348 to Great
A New Dawn
Jackie
Joey
Lee Ann
Marsial
Mer and Mo
Natalia
Shabby Chick Mom
Sweet Pea
Tamzin
Val

Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you, for all of your encouraging words and support. Have a great week end and stay strong! Michele

16 comments:

  1. I will swing by at a few on the list. :) YOU rock... YOU!! :) Truly, you do. Your practical approach to this inspires me and grounds me when I tend to get a bit lofty. lol Out for my walk right now!!! Keep on keeping on, the journey may not always be "fun" but it is worth it, and the good news about doldrums is this: what follows is awesome enlightenment!! Take it easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So do you put on snow boots and go for walks? I just can not do that!! I am clumsy and can not stand the freezing cold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing so awsomely Michele. Yes it's hard at times but you just keep going and going....you know like that energizer bunny. Keep it up. You're going to beat me to the 400 miles but months. I wish I could go out during the day and walk here (other then slowly with the kids) but time is coming when it's not dark when they leave and I'll get out there and move my butt more. I am enjoying the gym too and I've gotten into the groove if I'm there, I'm working hard.
    Take care and have a blessed afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And thank YOU! For your support and inspiration:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. And you rock too, Michele. Trudging, skipping, dancing forward with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michele, thanks for "scouting" some great new blogs and sharing the links! Hope I've made a few new friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome attitude. You're doing very well! Losing weight is hard, but you're rocking your journey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for pointing people to my blog, I shall step by all the other blogs tonight.
    You are doing brilliantly...theres no journey in life more like the story of the Hare and the Tortoise than dieting is. Without a doubt the sensible way is the slow steady way and we all know it. So hard to do and looks like you've cracked it
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was such a great blog! I set 4 month goals for myself, it keeps me pushing along. I actually reached my first goal 3.5 weeks early, then reached the new one I made right after that of an additional 5 lbs, 5 days early. This time I increased my goal to make it a little more difficult, to keep me pushing at it.

    It's my little carrot in front of my nose. ;)

    Anyhow, keep plugging along, we'll get there eventually! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the shout out. One thing about slow and steady loss is I really think you will keep it off. Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so sweet. Thanks for the shout out :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank YOU Michele! Your words are inspiring. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Eight months is awesome, Michele. Even more awesome is that even though you might be wavering in the doldrums, you keep moving and inspiring the rest of us to keep moving, too! I really enjoyed reading this post because I can relate to it so well. And thanks so much for the shout-out. How sweet of you. Enjoy your weekend. I intend to be away from this computer walking for a good part of mine. See you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well said! 8 months! Wow!!!! That is a wonderful committment!

    Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Michele, I wish I had written this post! You sound so much like me...success...slowing down...loving the changes you have made in a year...being in an occasional funk...everything I feel right now. You inspire me to keep on striving!

    ReplyDelete
  16. To make your trainings most effective your body needs all available energy resources. In order to refill these resources proper nutrition is vital. Most nutrients are received from food, though, sometimes it is not enough. I am taking dietary supplement Multipurpose High-Potency Super Nutritional Complex, by Military Grade. Due to this supplement, I forgot when I felt fatigue last time. I am able to run or workout whenever I want and still have lots of energy for active recreation with my family. I live in constant motion and I enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete