Sunday, January 23, 2011

Recovering

Thank-you. Thank-you. Thank-you for all the get well wishes! They definitely elevated my spirits. It is and was just the stomach flu, but, I don’t wish it on anyone. Yep, I am on the road to recovery, but I spent most of the weekend in bed or as a couch potato. Okay, to be honest and reveal all to you, I was in bed or on the couch except for a brief appearance at an international conference in MPLS to deliver a paper. I know that was stupid and I subjected lots of people to my virus, but, I could not let my student (co-presenter) do it alone. I paid, too, by being wiped out all weekend and not being able to go to hear the Magic Flute at Orchestra Hall. Plus I do feel guilty about spreading my germs, even though I washed my hands (but not in ethanol, Polar’s mom) and did not touch ANYONE!.

So, now, I am on the road to recovery. It was a good weekend in Minnesota to be sick with our highs at 5 degrees above zero. Although I am happy for the Packers (and I am a Vikings fan!) that they are going to the super bowl, I thought the Packers vs Bears game was awful with the best part being the third string QB Caleb Hanie. You will hear more from him in the future!! As I write this post, the Jets (who I am cheering for) are sparking-maybe they have a chance against the Steelers!!

My exercise was non existent these past few days. I am still so woozy that I know I will have to take it easy. I hope I can get a walk in around the block tomorrow, but am not gong to push myself. I want to fully recover because next weekend begins our winter get away to California with our three older grandbabies!

Look forward to catching up with all of you!
TTFN,
Michele

11 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE Ethanol!!! ;-) Everytime someone in the lab is sick, we all walk around spraying it on anything communal and usually that keeps us all from getting sick (sick people have to come in sick since lab tests wait for no one ). So glad you are taking it easy though-get on the mend for Cali! Sorry about your Jets, I was cheering for that cutie Sanchez, too!


    Polar's Mom
    www.polarspage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michele,
    Sorry that you have been sick. Glad that you're on the road to recovery and that you will be in California next weekend. We Minnesotans need a reprieve during these harsh winters. Everyone looks rather pale and wan these days, and I know it's from cold temps and lack of sunshine. Take care of yourself...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your better! We haven't been hit by that yet but we get it EVERY year! I ALWAYS get it the worst too. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right about Hanie. He was the only spark for the Bears today. I hosted my fantasy league's annual championship game party today and our commish mentioned that Jay Cutler is the new Jeff George, and I thought that was a great comparison. I am VERY MUCH for the Packers in the SB, partly because I do like the community ownership thing with the Packers, but mostly because I am so ready to be done with seeing the Steelers in the SB.

    On another note, I saw a great piece on CBS Sunday morning about a pianist - Simone Dinnerstein. You could probably find it on-line. Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Packers can bite me!

    Glad to hear you are on the road to feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A winter get away sounds nice. You must get all the way better and soon. Take care of yourself. Sorry you missed the Magic Flute. I'd like to see that myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you are feeling better and you are right, do not push it that vacation is much more important right now. Just get better, get stronger and enjoy. There's next week if need be. I'm glad the Packers won too, even though Patrick hate them.
    Take care Michele and havea blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Michele, I really enjoy your posts, please find a stylish blogger award @ my blog. Keep up the great work, I really enjoy reading your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anyone who goes to WalMart gets exposed to much more germs than that.
    So don't worry about that.
    Glad you are on the upswing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad that you are feeling better. Sorry you had to miss the Magic Flute. I'm a Steelers fan so I won't say that I'm sorry that the Jets won't be going to the Super Bowl. Take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Michelle... hope you are even more recovered now! No fun being sick!
    As far as your question on my last post... I have never tried making the PB balls with regular hot cocoa. I suppose you could use a Sugar free pack of Swiss miss with the PB 2 and still have a low cal snack. You would just add a small amount of water to the powder and roll it into a ball and add some PB2 on top. If you do try it, let me know how it works out!! :)

    Take care
    ~Margene

    ReplyDelete