As far as my eating,over Christmas, excellent. But the past few days found me snacking on See’s candy, left over pie and other assorted treats as well as some tasty beverages with the "girls” at our favorite pub in Minneapolis “The Local.” Although I did not eat on plan, I enjoyed these treats fully. So, I will not weigh in this week.
I completed my final week of the Hot 100 Challenge!
1. I lost 6.5 pounds total with this challenge. While that is less than I envisioned, I am satisfied with the results. As I wrote last week, losing any weight in the month of December is something new for me. So, the fact that I lost 3 pounds this month is a win-win.
2. Exercise: I modified this goal, too, to include a combination of 60 minutes 6/7 days. I met this goal quite well this past week, but more importantly, I have incorporated more time daily into exercise. This past week I walked more than I biked, but I am happy to report that it is easier getting on and off my Nemesis (plus I am enjoying a few good old movies while I ride).
3. Taking care of myself: I think I have done well with this goal, too. I made it a practice the last two weeks to prepare lettuce and other salad fixing and storing this in the fridge. Throughout the challenge my own "care" was at the top of my daily "to do" list.
4. Calories: Over the whole challenge I did have more 1200-calorie days, which was my hope. So, I met this goal. But again, more importantly I am more cognizant about what I am eating and how many calories are in the foods I eat. After 6 months on this journey, I was getting a little loose about tracking.
5. Drink more water and cutting down on diet sodas. Water is definitely a habit. I have also been pretty good about limiting my sodas.
Overall: For me, the challenge was a way to keep me focused. In that way it motivated me to stay the path, except these last few days. But, I am okay with cutting myself some slack. Thank-you, Steve, for organizing and leading this challenge. I met many new bloggers, too, along the way.
Happy New Year to all of you, my blogger friends! Thank-you so much for holding my virtual hand these last many months. Stay strong and TTFN, Michele