Thursday, December 23, 2010

Hottie update and Christmas greetings!



Christmas Greetings to all of you (who celebrate) from six very excited children! My daughter and I took all the grandbabies to see Santa on Wednesday. Fun, fun, fun.

It has been a good week. Not perfect, but especially good for me in the week leading up to Christmas. Sure, I had a few extra cookies, but for the most part ate well. I dropped 3.5 pounds this month (for a total of 24.5 since June 26) which for me is a first. Normally, I would have gained 3.5 pounds in the month of December.

Today, I spend some time weeding through clothes that are TOO big and trying on clothes that I have stored in my closet for some day when I would lose weight). Well, I am happy to report that sometime is today! One of the best NSVs was fitting into a pair of size 16 pants that I bought many years ago on sale. They fit perfect!!

Hot 100 Challenge update!!
I completed my twelfth week of the Hot 100 Challenge!
Here is my update:

1.Lose an additional 8 pounds by December 31, 2010.
I weighed in this week and lost a total of 2 pounds! I have lost now 6.5 pounds since starting the challenge. So, maybe, just maybe, I will make this goal next week on the 31st!!

2. Biking and walking: Last week I revised this goal to include a combination of biking (stationary biking) and walking for a total of 6 hours across a week. This week I did not do so well: I logged in 5 hours of exercise or 5/7/. So, a little down on this goal.

3.Take care of myself each day by eating less, moving more, and eating plenty of fruits and veggies. This week I ate more salads than I have in awhile.
Eating more salad is helping me to bank a few extra calories for the
Christmas breads and or cookie treats that I enjoy.

4.Have more 1200 calories days in a week than 1500-calorie days.
This week I had two 1200-calorie days and the rest were 1500-calorie days.
So, I definitely did not meet this goal. But, it is Christmas, so I have cut myself a little slack.

5.Drink more water. Definitely a habit. My diet soda challenge of 1-2 was great 6/7 days.

Overall, I think keeping this challenge up each week has helped me to stay focused. As I wrote above, I am not perfect on this journey. I am completely okay with being where I am. I weigh the lowest I have now in at least 8-9 years, plus, my stamina continues to grow.

I once again want to thank you, my readers and follows for taking the time to stop by my blog and offer your support and encouragement to me. I do not take you for granted and cannot tell you how motivating your support is to me. I would like you all to know that I will be taking a break from blogging for about ten days (except to update the last week of the Hottie challenge) to enjoy the holidays and all the snow that is again coming our way in Minnesota. I wish you all a very happy Christmas with your family and friends. Enjoy every minute.

Finally, you may have beautiful holiday music in your own region, but, if you do not, or would like a taste of our magnificent Minnesota Public radio, click on the link for a classical holiday stream.
For those who celebrate:
Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Michele

19 comments:

  1. Congrats on the size 16. I am so proud of you! You are really workin the Hot 100 and I'm loving being witness to it. Keep it up! Remembr only 1.5 lb to your goal. that might help keep you on track over the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Size 16!
    Wonderful!
    And Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wooohhhooo... NSV making ot to 16!

    Havea a great holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have very beautiful grandbabies Michele! I am so proud to have you as a friend and fellow blogger. I too have had a couple of cookies and treats here and there. But to be fair, it is the holiday season and I have added extra exercise and been more active generally to combat that. I am not going to beat myself up over a few holiday treats. After all, the holiday season only comes once a year.

    You have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year's Eve Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michele,

    Same back at you for the support of my blog. We began our blogs within a month of each other and have been supportive since. I love the content of your blog and the way you write. I feel as if I know you as a total person and not just by the number of pounds you have lost. I'm looking forward to reading more as we continue this journey. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    Sharon

    P.S. Great pics, BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Michele, Way to go on the Scale and Non scale victories!!! I hope you and your family have a WONDERFUL Christams season, and I look forward to your posts when they resume! All the best!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pics! You have made great progress and, as many wise bloggers have reminded me, that is key over perfection:) Enjoy your break. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable pictures!! Don't ya just love grand babies!! They are the best!!

    Congrats on your size 16's. I just got into that size as well. Can't believe it!!!

    Keep up the great work my friend. You are making this happen!!

    Keep focused!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lay off the sweets this week and stick to what you know! You'll make that goal and then be able to make new goals for the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Size 16 is such a treat. Just think next time you go shopping you can head to the regular size sections with me. I get to be there too. You sure do rock girl.
    I love all those pictures, thank you for sharing them.
    It's now onward and upwards to a new week. After tomorrow life returns to somewhat of a normal. For me, not yet I have a full daycare house for the next 5 days but no complaints here, I'll just make them eat extra healthy too. Sweets, they can skip that for apple slices and peanut butter.
    Take care my dear friend and enjoy our Minnesota Christmas. Beautiful, white and not freezing (yet). Merry Christmas, here's hoping it's the best one ever.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely pictures!! They are so cute :)
    You have had a great year and i have no doubt that next year will be even better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Merry Christmas My Friend!!!!

    - The Heavy Man

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad I ran across your comment on Karen's blog.

    Congratulations on getting into those size 16's!! I love NSV's!!! They are what help me in maintenance.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Merry Christmas to you and your family! I think I need to put a lot of your 100 list for the week on my goals too!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, great blog and wonderful accomplishments. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute pics!
    I wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas and hope to catch up with your blog posts (and everyone elses -- Ha)

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow, it is so easy to fall back into old habits around the holidays but it sounds as if you have done a really good job at sticking to your goals, great job on the weight loss, I hope you meet your goal by the 31st!

    ReplyDelete
  18. New jean size, always excitin'!! Woohooo!!! Sounds like things are going well for you! Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on your progress.

    I just discovered your blog this morning through Karen's Waisting Time and look forward to reading more in the coming year.

    ReplyDelete