Friday, December 31, 2010

Final Hot 100 Challenge Update !

Hello Everyone!
It has been a great week of hanging out with our adult children and of course their offspring. I admit that my eating was not so good, but my exercise was fantastic. Since most of my guests would get up mid morning, I hit my walking/biking routine right away. I was able to get in an hour (!!) of exercise everyday (7/7)!

As far as my eating,over Christmas, excellent. But the past few days found me snacking on See’s candy, left over pie and other assorted treats as well as some tasty beverages with the "girls” at our favorite pub in Minneapolis “The Local.” Although I did not eat on plan, I enjoyed these treats fully. So, I will not weigh in this week.

Hot 100 Challenge update!!
I completed my final week of the Hot 100 Challenge!

1. I lost 6.5 pounds total with this challenge. While that is less than I envisioned, I am satisfied with the results. As I wrote last week, losing any weight in the month of December is something new for me. So, the fact that I lost 3 pounds this month is a win-win.

2. Exercise: I modified this goal, too, to include a combination of 60 minutes 6/7 days. I met this goal quite well this past week, but more importantly, I have incorporated more time daily into exercise. This past week I walked more than I biked, but I am happy to report that it is easier getting on and off my Nemesis (plus I am enjoying a few good old movies while I ride).

3. Taking care of myself: I think I have done well with this goal, too. I made it a practice the last two weeks to prepare lettuce and other salad fixing and storing this in the fridge. Throughout the challenge my own "care" was at the top of my daily "to do" list.

4. Calories: Over the whole challenge I did have more 1200-calorie days, which was my hope. So, I met this goal. But again, more importantly I am more cognizant about what I am eating and how many calories are in the foods I eat. After 6 months on this journey, I was getting a little loose about tracking.

5. Drink more water and cutting down on diet sodas. Water is definitely a habit. I have also been pretty good about limiting my sodas.

Overall: For me, the challenge was a way to keep me focused. In that way it motivated me to stay the path, except these last few days. But, I am okay with cutting myself some slack. Thank-you, Steve, for organizing and leading this challenge. I met many new bloggers, too, along the way.

Happy New Year to all of you, my blogger friends! Thank-you so much for holding my virtual hand these last many months. Stay strong and TTFN, Michele

9 comments:

  1. Michele, I love that you exercised an hour every single day, over the week! I can't even imagine myself doing that right now, but my new year resolution # 1 this year will be to get in routine exercise! Not sure about the hour-a-day thing just yet, but I know there will come a time when I'll want to excuse away doing an exercise one day. I'll think of you then - doing a FULL HOUR for the entire week, over the holidays, with a house full of company. You are going to make it hard for me to goof off. LOL

    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ~~~ Happy New Year to You ~~~
    I am glad you are happy with your progress. Progress, not Perfection, celebrate the good! ;) I so appreciate your spirit and vision and your plan is inspiring and so very healthy and real. Good things to you in 2011!! Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT job on the exercise. And as for the diet sodas, I KNOW how tough that can be. My husband used to drink Pepsi, about half a case a day, and one day quit cold turkey, that was three years ago and he STILL joneses for it. Drugs in all forms, right? Anyway, great progress, looking forward to your progress in the coming year. Best of luck and health in the New Year!

    Polar's Mom
    www.polarspage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You rock! And thank YOU - for your friendship and support and inspiration. Here's to a fabulous 2011 for us all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel bad that you are satisfied with losing less than you wanted to. Failure is not an option! If you truly want to lose this weight, then stick with those 1200 calorie days, no more treats and excuses and LOSE THE WEIGHT. You WILL have success if you do that. I look forward to seeing your progress in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like number 3 and am glad you were able to follow through with this. Getting out there before the family got up, excellent. Congrats!


    Have a HAPPY NEW YEARS!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOSING weight in December? Unheard of...until this year. You have done a great job, especially on keeping up the exercise. Let's keep on keeping on in 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your success with the challenge. I am so impressed that you were able to stay on your exercise routine while you had company...way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear the challenge was beneficial for you. Very impressive, keep on impressing in 2011...

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete