Monday, November 29, 2010

Recap of T-Day Weekend, NSV and Thanks, again!

Greetings and Good Evening to All Blogger Readers and Followers!
I hope you all had a terrific Thanksgiving. I look foreword to reading how you all did!
I already posted about my Thanksgiving with the Hottie Update. So, I will expand just a little bit here: Overall, I did great. Just great! This is the first Thanksgiving I can remember being actually hungry for Thanksgiving dinner!! I sampled very sparingly while I prepared the turkey and stuffing. I ate a large salad before the big dinner, which really helped curbed my appetite. I did eat 4 small pieces of pie across the holiday weekend, but I factored all of them into my calorie budget and stayed under my target (1500).

Fantastic NSV: The best news of the weekend was that I went shopping on Black Friday with my daughter and daughters-in-law. This has become an annual pilgrimage if you will, to downtown Minneapolis. It is always a lot of fun and we end up at our favorite pub for a late lunch and laughs along with a few tasty beverages. You probably do not know that I do not think of myself as a shopper. I’m not. To top it off, I usually cannot find anything on super sale that is in my size. But, not this Black Friday!!! This time I shopped in the “regular” sizes and found a number of marked down skirts and shirts. Imagine how thrilled I was to find that I am a size SIXTEEN (!)!!! Not a 16 that I can squeeze into, but one that fits me well. I scooped up three new skirts and a nice shirt at bargain basement process. I can not tell you how good it felt to know that I am once and for all out of the 1x, 2x category!!! Not that I will become a reformed shopper, but, at least I know that when I need something I can easily find items in the regular part of the store. Talk about a cool NSV!!

Before I sign off today, I want to give a shout out to all of you my readers and followers. I am so thankful to each and every one of you for your many, many comments on my posts and the support you send my way daily. I cannot imagine doing this journey now without you and checking in with you on your own progress. So, if you are new to my blog, check out Shane, Faridha, Joy, for a blend of inspiration and determination, Anne to see what shenanigans she is up to, lovely photos found on Spunkysuzi and weightingfor50, honesty, humor and bad-ass grit from the Doc, Allan, a thoughtful and enlightening sports fanatic and musician, Honi for some great music while you read, Karen for expanding our thinking, fellow moms and grandmothers who are making a difference in their own lives so they have more time with those precious babies, kids and grandbabies (!) Tish, Margene, Christina, J (especially) but also her cohorts (B and Miss M, for their wonderful "doing this together" attitude), Jess, and Julie, fellow Minnesotans Jane and Debbie and all of you who are committed to the Hottie 100 Challenge and spread your cheer and support including Lanie Painie, Vee, GP, Sharon and especially you Steve!!

Thank-you, Thank-you,Thank-you, Thank-you,Thank-you, Thank-you,Thank-you, Thank-you,Thank-you, Thank-you,Thank-you, Thank-you for stopping by my blog and sharing a bit of yourself and your own journey with me. TTFN and stay strong everyone! Michele

12 comments:

  1. How so awesome Michele!! I bet it feels SOOO good to shop in regular stores. It wasn't that long ago that was me too, and I still am thrilled. I wear size 16 pants too and I'm getting close to a regular 14 fit. Sweet NSV!!

    ~Margene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the NSV. I know what you mean about actually being hungry on Thanksgiving. I was too. Plus, we cooked less and healthier. It was just as good. I saved a few things and cooked them later in the weekend. This way we didn't eat as much all at once.

    And thanks for the shout out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great list of shout outs! Thanks and I need to check out all the other bloggers:) I tagged you in my post today.

    Congrats on your NSV!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so good to be on this journey with you, Michele. I loved reading about your NSV. Getting into "regular" sizes is a real victory. I love buying clothes without a "W" or an "X" behind the number. There's something about those letters that does a number on the way I think about myself. Going to straight numbered sizes is like a shot in the arm! Yay for you and what you've accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the shopping victory! I know it must feel fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the shout out. Hey, go to my blog. I cleaned up the design a bit, but mostly want you to see the "scouting report". Think you'll like the spirit of the entry by your name (if not the team of your comp - I hate the Yankees, but I thought he was perfect). Sorry for being all cryptic, this will all make sense when you take a look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww thanks so much for the wonderful comments Michele! It is an honor to be allowed to share in your journey. Make no mistake, you are at least as inspiring if not moreso than myself or any of the others you have mentioned! It really is great to have the honor of knowing you and having you be a part of my journey towards a new lifestyle. Please, keep on being a part of my life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Michele,
    Happy belated Thanksgiving to you. And thanks for the shout out in your post!!! I am so glad we found each others sites. Congrats on your NSV!!! That is fantastic! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Michele,

    You're doing so well. Size SIXTEEN in the regular dep't feels great, doesn't it. Don't buy too much there, tho', 'cause I have the feeling you're going to slip down to 14s, then 12s, then 10s before you know it. Thanks for the shout out and for inspiring me today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the great NSV! That's tremendous. You must have just felt fantastic trying on those small sized clothes! Thanks for coming to visit my blog -- really appreciate it. Happy belated Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Michele, you are so welcome!

    BTW, grats on the NSV!

    ~South Beach Steve

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the NSV! I love how motivating this challenge is and all the support out there from all the Hotties. Keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing how much more progress we can make by the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete