Friday, November 12, 2010

Ready to walk some hills??

Are you ready to walk some hills? Today we will walk toward the
foothills near where I am staying in Southern Spain (Estepona).
Come with me...we will walk for about 35 minutes.
First, we need to go up and down several flights of stairs.
Here is our view of the Sea as we reach the landing and exit from our apartment.
Next, we walk to the gate.
Walk toward the sidewalk over there.
The side walks here are all paved in brick.
Look toward the foothills, that is the general area where we are going.
Careful there is a round-about. Let's cross over carefully.
After we cross the street we can start up our first hill.
This one is not too bad, you can do it!

Look what you accomplished!
Okay. You ready? Here comes our cardio workout!
How about a little breather? It is starting to get dark.
The street lights are just coming on.
Keep on walking, you can do it!!

Here is your reward: sunset over the Mediterranean Sea! Lovely, don’t you think?

I completed my sixth week of the Hot 100 Challenge! Here is my update:
Hot 100 Challenges

1.Lose an additional 12 pounds by December 24, 2010. This is doable because there are 12 weeks until Christmas Eve and I lose about 1.3 pounds per week
(As you know from my Monday post, I lost three pounds. Nine left. )

2.Keep up my biking (at least 45 miles a week) AND include more walking (4 times a week at least 2 miles at a time) outdoors until the weather forces me inside.
(Well this was an interesting week. I rode my bike about 35 miles before
I left for Spain (including back and forth to the Vikings game!) but I
will not meet this goal because I do not have a bike here. But, walking,
I am at 8 miles today).


3.Take care of myself each day by eating less, moving more,
and eating plenty of fruits and veggies.
(Yes. I went grocery shopping today with my students. I loaded up our apartment with fruits and salad type veggies. So, I am better armed for this one, although this past week was good).

4.Have more 1200 days in a week than 1500-calorie days.
(I had 3 - 1200 a calories days, before I left. Now that I am in Spain, I am
watching what I eat, but I think I have had more 1500 days)

5.Drink more water. At least two liters per day.
(Yes, every day).

Many of you wrote posts regarding Veterans day. For me this was significant because
my father, who recently passed, served in WW 2. Because of my dad, ten years ago
my whole family went to Normandy to see for ourselves what the soldiers had done.
I will never forget it. Ever. We are all indebted, and still are, to the service men and women.

For another take on remembrance and healing, take a look at
Mind over Fatter's post.

Have a great weekend everyone and stay strong in your journey!
Adios Amigos! Michele

13 comments:

  1. Sooooo jealous of you! I really am looking forward to some travel if I ever get my law degree and get a good practice going. I love those pictures.

    Good job on the Hot 100 goals. I am thinking you are getting plenty of exercise there if you are walking like it sounds like you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm jealous too, Michelle. It looks so peaceful and relaxing. It's great that you are still making great healthy choices for yourself and not taking a vacation from meeting your health goals.

    Great job of the Hot 100 Goals and congrats on keeping that scale moving! I know it was stuck for a while but you've obviously made some great changes that your body is thankful about!

    Keep having fun in Spain. Next time you go someplace maybe I'll have lost enough weight to stow away in your suit case...well, ok, I'll never be that small, but a girl can dream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are soooo rocking this challenge:) And here you are, even posting your update from overseas! the photos are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pictures are awesome!

    Keep rocking the challenge. Even with going to Spain in there, it seems like you are doing a great job :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you have had a great week! Even without hitting your goals in some cases, you are doing other equally equivelant things. Great job!

    ~South Beach Steve

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an very cool photo essay you got here. Do I get to count those burned calories for that little workout jaunt?

    Got your note today in snail mail as well. Thank you! That was quite unnecessary but cheered me up to no end! Sweet! I hope you're reading your new book! I am currently re-reading one of her others.

    Have a great happy safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found your through the Hot 100 Challenge! Awesome job on your goals!

    I am planning a trip to Spain next Spring. Looks amazing and I thank you for posting photos of yoru walk!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are all over this!
    Beautiful pics. And the water!
    You are owning this! Great dedication!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you are doing so well, but I'll kinda be glad when you are home so I can quit wanting to send you hate comments out of jealousy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! I love Spain so much. How are you liking the food? Have you tried any tortilla espanola? Basically a potato omelet, but done right it's delicious. But it sounds like you are being smart and making most of your meals in your house. Good idea (so you can control the olive oil content). Have fun, and thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm loving the photos of Spain!! Congrats on keeping to plan while you are away!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful - be careful out there!
    And thanks for helping us and looking out for us when we cross the street... I actually said " Awwww!" when I read that part.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the pictures. I feel like I'm with you. Beautiful!!

    You are doing so great with your plan. Keep it and and stay focused!!!!

    ReplyDelete