Saturday, November 27, 2010

Hottie Update

Today I will just post my Hot 100 Challenge update.
I completed my eighth week of the Hot 100 Challenge! Here is my update:

1.Lose an additional 12 pounds by December 24, 2010.
(I weigh in later next week, so nothing new to report here.)

2.Keep up my biking (at least 45 miles a week) AND include more walking (4 times a week at least 2 miles at a time) outdoors until the weather forces me inside.
(This was my worst week of exercise since I started this journey. Winter set in to Minnesota when I came back from Spain. So, bad weather, some jet lag, and not really planning well for alternative exercise set me back for most of the week. I did do about 4 miles of biking in the Netherlands on my way back from Spain. I walked on black Friday about 2 miles, and today, too. My plan for next week is to get out the exercise cycle (we have one in our basement now) and start walking outdoors now that the severe cold is lifting).

3.Take care of myself each day by eating less, moving more,
and eating plenty of fruits and veggies.
(Yes. I did well here. Even having a big salad both before Thanksgiving dinner
and before Happy Hour on Black Friday).

4.Have more 1200 days in a week than 1500-calorie days.
(Well, I made this goal on 4 out of seven days and with
Thanksgiving, I would say this was a WIN!!)


5.Drink more water. At least two liters per day.
(A habit).

12 comments:

  1. Very nice on the calories! Yes, it is for sure winter here, no more biking outside for awhile! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, that's not bad. But I'm challenged with the weather, too - and it can't be as bad in Seattle as MN. Tomorrow, I'm going to dust off the treadmill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny how when ya get in the habit
    of drinking more water,
    now ya just really want to.
    And can't imagine not drinking it!
    8 weeks? Are you serious? Already!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michele, Hard to get back to your routine after traveling. I know it's been hard getting back to mine and I have not even left the house. Just home too many days from work, shopping and Thanksgiving was enough to mess up my routine. Back at it today!!

    Sounds like you are doing well. Keep at it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Traveling and holidays can break the momentum, but it sounds like you have done quite well and have a plan to stay on track. I also got on the treadmill this past week. Winter has arrived in Minnesota, and we have quite a bit of ice. The treadmill is safer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're doing great, Michele. I think we all did well to stay on the wagon for Thanksgiving, even if our calories did increase for that day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Doing great! I always have a backup plan for exercise because weather can really throw a kink into things. I have a weekly plan sketched out, but now that really cold weather has set in, I am flexible in what I do, but not about doing it - meaning I will get in something.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go on the Hot 100!!! Sounds like you are doing REALLY well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great technique having a big salad before Thanksgiving dinner... that'll help keep the urge in check to over do it on the tempting stuff.

    Wimter will challenge us northerners in how we continue to get in our exercise. It is hard enough for us here in the Chicago area. I know the Minneapolis area well and you will undoubtedly have a tougher challenge. Yep, alternative exercise is the key and you have that planned it seems, bravo!

    Nice Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am doing my darndest to drink more water (starting today!!) and I have you to thank for that. I can't yet manage 2 liters tho. Lordy. Also, Michele, I'm thankful for YOU. (I should have told you when I saw you today!).

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would say you did well last week, especially considering the holiday and coming back from overseas. The big salad before the meal is always a great plan.

    ~South Beach Steve

    ReplyDelete