Friday, October 8, 2010

Update on Hot 100!

It was a great week! Not perfect, but great. Acceptable Bravo to me. I posted yesterday about surviving the Conference and banquet style food. That was definitely another first. Plus, I made on my bike 5 out of 7 days. It helps that we have had such beautiful weather this week in Minnesota.

I completed my first week of the Hot 100 Challenge! Here is my update:

Hot 100 Challenges

1. Lose an additional 12 pounds by December 24, 2010. This is doable because there are 12 weeks until Christmas Eve and I lose about 1.3 pounds per week. (I believe I am doing well here. I ate great this week. But, I only weigh myself every couple of weeks or less often. SO, stay tuned).
2. Keep up my biking (at least 45 miles a week) AND include more walking (4 times a week at least 2 miles at a time) outdoors until the weather forces me inside. (I am so happy to report that with an intense conference, I rode about 47 miles on my bike and walked about 6. I will walk more today after work So, I will probably come in walking more than 8 miles for this week).
3. Take care of myself each day by eating less, moving more, and eating plenty of fruits and veggies. (Yes. All week. Many, many examples of eating less at the Conference).
4. Have more 1200 days in a week than 1500-calorie days. (I did not make this goal. I had almost a full week if 1500 calorie days. But, I still feel it was successful because of what I did with Nobel).
5. Drink more water. At least two liters per day. (Yes, every day. But hard for me still).
Have a great weekend everyone. Stay strong in your journey to better health!
Michele

22 comments:

  1. Hi there, I am new to your blog. I also live in MN but haven't had the chance to check out the spots in your pictues. Your willpower is amazing, I am not sure I would have made the best choice with the carrot cake! Good for you. It looks like you will have some beautiful weather to track some miles outdoors this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Chele, you did great! I am positive you will meet your December goal. I am curious, do you have a plan for Thanksgiving in place? I usually eat till I can't breath. I obviously don't want to do that, but I also don't want to be a stickler either. I thought about doing a Sean and add calories that day, but I actually hate the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did good on your week, esp with the conference food. Like I said yesterday, I'm not sure I could have done it. Thanks for what you said on my blog today.Sure helps! Vee at http://veegettinghealthy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This challenge was definitely meant for you! You are doing awesome, keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. great job.. i love the goals...the biking i so admire I can not ride a regular bike right now .. maybe one day .. causes to much lower spine pain.. ( l5s1 back surgery in 96 has decided it wants to scar up.. so i have random pain from time to time when pressure is wrong ..) I do the recumbent bike in the gym..

    ReplyDelete
  6. i keep meaning to ask you .. would you mind if I borrow your pictures do not lie idea (I really like that) ..i want to do the scale photo thing i think.. not 100 percent sure yet.. ..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good work, sounds like you have your plans together, best of luck on your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're doing a good job with your goals. I'm still amazed at the miles you rack up with the bike. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you are doing great and am still thinking about how well you did with all those desserts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've got some fantastic goals set out here - I look forward to following your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok, most of these are getting better, but the calorie thing needs to be better. Why not just commit to 1200cal during the week and 1500 on the weekend? The "more 1200 than 1500" is kinda wishy washy and for me, I'd be less likely to make a vague goal work. Just a thought

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow on the bike riding. I am loving mine and just starting to ride 3 miles a day on the weekend. Good Work..

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are on fire with motive!
    Motivation - it really shows...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for your thoughtful comments on my blog. I don't really know what I'm going to do when the "tournament" is done. I won't lose enough weight by then, so am considering a second tournament with the "final four" from this tournament, plus four new plans, plus four "hybrid" plans. For example, right now I'm doing "no eating after 8:00", which is helpful, but doesn't help me at dinner, so I might bring back a plan that combines the 8:00 curfew with a limit on junk food (just as an example). (a multivariate design, right prof?)

    Don't know if I mentioned this before, but I drafted Brett AND Moss in my fantasy league and when I first heard the trade rumors I sensed it might save my season. We'll see. Hard to see one (surly) receiver making that much of a difference, but the Vikes did play a tough three opening games, so they'll definitely get better. Lastly, I just HATE what the Yankees are doing to the Twins. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great week, keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've enjoyed catching up with your posts and beautiful photos. I'm impressed with how you handled the desserts. You are right that the food was not the guest/main attraction. Awesome attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just wanted to stop by and saying hello and wish you the best of luck on your weight loss. I got your name off the Hot 100 challenge list and I'm participating to. I hope you don't mind me adding you to my blog list.

    http://nevertheskinnygirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey, saw you on the Hot 100 blog. I always cave in to buying vegan carrot cake when I'm at Whole Foods doing my weekly shopping. Am really gobsmacked you could handle such a dessert. It's inspiring! Good luck on the Hot 100 challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Way to go! Keep up the great work!

    ps, I love the pic of your family in your sidebar!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey Michele,

    I presented you with a blogger award in my post today.

    Please check it out when you get a chance. http://theheavymansdiary.blogspot.com/

    Thank you!

    - The Heavy Man

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Michele- You are doing a great job on your goals so far! Just stopping by to say hello and wish you continued success on Hot 100! We can do this!

    http://bmittler.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete