Monday, October 18, 2010

More biking treks in Minneapolis!

Good Morning Readers and Followers!
My weekend started with a Friday night concert of the Minnesota Orchestra (it was fabulous, BTW!) .The weather was clear and dry, so I made the trek to the Hall on my bike (about 7 miles). It turned dark as I rode. I admit I felt a little smug riding to an Orchestra concert. Here are a few pictures of the skyline as I approached downtown, my trusty bike and ME!



Dr. Fatty suggested going to 1200 calories per day rather than my range of 1200-1500. I am at a stand still as far as weight loss, so I am going to lower my calorie count every day to 1200. I also am going to go back and count my calories. I KNOW that my eyeballing is not accurate. As I near four months on this journey, I feel like I am slacking off as far as deligence with the good old calories. Weekend eating was good, but not great. I know I can make it better.

Sunday, I rounded out the biking with another 15 miles by riding back and forth to the Metrodome with hubby to see the Vikes beat the Cowboys!! The Vikes still looked a little rusty, but way better than the last couple of weeks. It was a great game, for us, anyway (sorry, about the ‘Boys, Dr. F). Here is a picture as Favre was about to throw a touchdown.

We also went to the pumpkin patch with guess who??
That would be Nani, Ellery, Owie, Noah and Hann!

Have a great start to your week and stay strong!
Michele

10 comments:

  1. You really are a role model with the biking. I've thought about biking to a lot of things, but never the symphony. Is there such a thing as a "Renaissance Woman"?

    Glad the Vikes beat Big D (sorry Dr. F., but you know my loyalties). But are you cringing at the Brett rumors? Good grief!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dark! I would struggle to only eat 1200 calories a day. Sigh. I don't count but I know it is easy for me to let them creep up when I don't carefully watch portions. I have been good this week and yesterday I actually counted out 17 turkey pepperoni instead of, as I had done in the past, just grabbing a bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Twelve hundred seems very little for someone so active. Perhaps you've just been in a period of muscle building or consolidation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nightmare that game was for me to watch. First it's my 2 fav teams head to head. So it's Yeah/Damn, every play. And the way the boys played....vomit. But, I imagined you there all happy and I guess I felt a little better. Glad to hear on the cutting back. Don't forget to track, measure and drink your water. Favre goes home next week. Maybe he'll be motivated to win?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I left an award for you on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you ride your bike to all of those wonderful activities, not to mention that you go to the activities without eating the food that is enevitably there. I was wondering if you have a strategy for that....some thought that you repeat over and over, a visualization, do you drink a bunch of water or something, or do you just tune it all out and focus on the fun? I have not mastered this at all yet.

    1200 cals is reasonable in my opinion.When I am on my game I eat 1,000, and feel great as long as every bit of the food is healthy. As soon as I let empty cals in I start to lose energy. Big losses or not, you are doing great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Michelle,

    Isn't it great that we can still be riding our bikes, as we near the end of October in MN. It sounds like you had a very busy weekend. We watched the game at home, and while it wasn't pretty for either team, we were so happy that the Vikes pulled it off! I am also thinking about 1200 calories a day instead of 1400 or 1500. I need to get a little more momentum going. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bike riding expeditions! We are blessed with great trails and have been blessed with great weather, too. :) I hope you have a great week ~ Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with Allan that you are an inspiration with the bike riding. I will also say that I want some picture updates on the side of this blog b/c week one was ages ago and you don't look like that anymore.

    ReplyDelete