Friday, October 15, 2010

Happy Friday and Hottie Update!

Happy Friday! Our weather this past week has been absolutely terrific in Minnesota with almost every day reaching into the seventies (70's) which for us is amazing. Remarkably, no real frost yet, either. So, it has been a great week for outdoor exercise including biking and walking. First, a few pictures of Minnesota Fall.

The last picture is common milkweed (Asclepias syriaca) seed pods with beautiful (Yes, they are!) milkweed bugs (Lygaeus kalmii). Milkweed bugs are seed eaters so we see a lot of them now in the milkweed patch. These are not to be confused with box elder bugs (Boisea trivittata) that are an invasive nuisance!

I completed my second week of the Hot 100 Challenge! Here is my update:

Hot 100 Challenges

1.Lose an additional 12 pounds by December 24, 2010. This is doable because there are 12 weeks until Christmas Eve and I lose about 1.3 pounds per week. (I believe I am doing okay here. I did not eat as well as I did last week, but overall a good week. I will weigh in next week, so hopefully have some GOOD news to share!)

2.Keep up my biking (at least 45 miles a week) AND include more walking (4 times a week at least 2 miles at a time) outdoors until the weather forces me inside. (I am happy to report that the Minnesota weather was great so I rode 50 miles on my bike (!!) and walked about 8. I will blog next week about biking up HILLS!!).

3.Take care of myself each day by eating less, moving more, and eating plenty of fruits and veggies. (Yes, although truthfully, I felt like I slacked a little this week).

4.Have more 1200 days in a week than 1500-calorie days. (I did not make this goal. I had almost a full week of 1500-calorie days. Dr. Fit encouraged me to think about 1200 days M-F, that did not work for me this week, but I will renew efforts next week).

5.Drink more water. At least two liters per day. (Yes, every day).

Have a great weekend everyone Stay strong in your journey to better health!

16 comments:

  1. are you ready to challenge Lance Armstrong yet 'Chele? That is some mad biking you are doing! I also love the pics you post. I love the beauty of Minnesota. I like Arkansas just fine, but wow. I am glad you posted your Hot 100 cause I had forgot I need to do that too today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, Michele! I'm still so envious of your ability to just get on your bike and go! My state is not bike friendly in the least and just getting to a bike path requires loading the bikes and driving. I don't believe you do, but don't ever take that convenience for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good plan. Keep close to bathrooms if you're going to get a couple of extra liters down. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michele,
    Just thought I would say hi. I think you are doing great. I wish I was as committed to exercise but that's the area I am struggling with.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd say it was mostly a good goals meeting week:) 1200 would be hard for me. I don't count but every once in a while I plug what I eat into fitday just to see. I am jealous - I have not ridden since hubby is gone. When my niece was down here last weekend from MN she spent as much time outside as she could. It was unseasonably warm here, but the I found out it was probably just as warm up your way! She had us eat lunch out on our deck which I thoroughly enjoyed and have not done in I can't even remember how long.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I learn something new everyday, thanks for sharing your milkweed knowledge. :) Sounds like a great week overall. I love how you word your goals and such - I can tell you are coming at your commitments from a place of love. I kinda feel like I slacked with eating, too. Let's get back into being mindful with our food choices. ;) Enjoy the weekend!! Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never been to MN, but it looks darling! I hope to visit your state soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have such a healthy attitude. Just started following you. I like your goals, it's refreshing to read about someone who doesn't get really down on themselves for every little "infraction".

    I'm in Michigan, don't you just love living in a state with beautiful fall colors! Love your photos, thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great attitude!! I'm in MN too and the weather is just wonderful! We're going to a bonfire tonight and I will stay AWAY from the smores!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are pretty nifty pictures. The last picture looks like you decorated for halloween. Your goals are great! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for the lead to journey100pounds blog. I really was inspired. I will re-read it again tomorrow morning.

    Thanks again for your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The good weather sure does help, doesn't it? It is hard to do things outside, or even be active period, when it is gloomy.

    Good report, but I suspect it will be even better next week.

    South Beach Steve

    ReplyDelete
  13. I bought a "trainer" on craigslist!
    It is for my bike - so I can ride it indoors as well....
    About $100 and worth every it all!
    I'll send you a pic if you like! Michele,
    you leave the nicest comments - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Michele,

    Make this week the best one ever!! Hit those goals. Girl you CAN DO IT!!!
    I BELIEVE IN YOU!!!!!!!!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete