Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Come with me on another trail

We continue to have beautiful fall weather in Minnesota. Yesterday I was lucky enough to be able to work at home on a paper about my research (life in higher ed has its perks). Well after a few hours hard at it, I decided it was time to hop on my bike. Come along with me on a new section of the Grand Rounds trail that I am learning. First, how about a map??
The dark green lines around the lakes are the bike and walking trails. There are many miles of trail represented here. The Mississippi River is found on the right side of the map. I start my bike ride often times by going around Lake Harriet (pictured below) using a trail like the one pictured.

Yes, that is my bike in the picture. I had my shopping bags attached because after my ride, I was going to my favorite grocery store for you know, food. As I ride further, I decided to go north along the trail to Lake of the Isles (map) and trail (pictured).

I continued on the trail past Lake of the Isles.
At one point the trail crosses over an Interstate-so up the ramp we go!
This is the way the trail looks as you go Northwest toward
another one of the chain of lakes: Cedar Lake.
Finally, I take a breather and hop off my bike and walk over the the clear water.
Yes, the water in all of these Minneapolis urban lakes is considered to be very clean and clear. No editing of this picture!!

So, you just completed a 15 mile bike ride with me!! I bet your are not even tired!
Stay strong today and get outside wherever you live! TTFN, Michele

10 comments:

  1. Hey, this is great! Looks beautiful. I try to get out and see all the new ballparks. Haven't been to Target Field yet, but when I do, maybe I'll rent a bike and try some of those great looking MN trails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh beautiful, that reminds me of Stoney Creek in MI. I love exploring new trails. Good for you on doing 15 miles...fun exercise is always the most rewarding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been toying with the idea of getting my bike road ready and maybe one weekend a month pull a Michele and find some place to ride for a few miles. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michele, I just love your bike ride posts. You should be an ambassador for Minnesota tourism. In the third pic from the bottom, is that 3 separate bike paths or a road running beside the path? Gonna look up that trail and learn more about it. Thanks for giving the name. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful route, Michelle. Sort of makes you feel like you're not really exercising, just enjoying the beautiful scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful ride you had! 15 miles is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice pics-takes me back to my younger years when I used to live in Mpls. The bike trails in your city are wonderful, and I'm glad to go on a vicarious bike ride any time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely. I've really got to get to Minnesota some day. In the summer of course! :)

    ReplyDelete