Alan awarded me with the following award a while back.
If you don’t know about Alan’s blog, you should. He is a super sports fan with an affection for classical music. His blog combines his love of sports with a journey to fitness and better health using a play off bracket system. His blog is refreshing. Thanks for the award Alan! But here is something that you may not know: Alan and I also share a mutual gratitude but a healthy does of skepticism about these blog awards. They do seem chain letter like to me, too, and I never know what the award is supposed to honor. But at least this one is simple. A blog with substance. So, here are the rules:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award.
2. Explain my blogging philosophy, motivation and experience in five words.
3. Give the award to ten other bloggers.
So this is a blog with substance award. To me that means that the blogger goes above and beyond in some way. I nominate all of the following blogs as blogs of substance. I know that some of them have received this award already, so in that case, this is just another affirmation by another blogger about how your blog reaches out and touches others. In my book, there is no obligation to pass the award on. It is voluntary. I hope you do, especially if you have NOT received it before. But, I would like all of you to know that, to me, you each have a blog of substance, award or not. You each push, inspire, hold my hand, cheer me on, kick my butt, and in other ways keep me ruminating and moving forward toward better health. You are all part of my virtual blogging community. In alphabetical order (and way more than 10):
1. Bethanny is a newer blogger. She is quickly building a group of followers who are inspired by posts and messages through cartoons and pictures. Refreshing and graphic.
2. Brenda: Brenda posts great recipes. I mean great. I am discovering my “cook” within and believe me her recipes look good enough to lick right off my computer!
3. Carb Tripper: Anne H. has a blog full of poetry and photography. She sets some of her posts to music (like the Sound of Music). Definitely a blog of substance because of her unique way of sharing her story with us.
4. Debbie: Her beautiful bike caught my eye right away. She has loads of followers so I am sure she received this award all ready.
5. Dr. Fatty Finds Fitness: I bet most of you already read this blog, if you don’t get on board. We all need a doc in our blogger house, a medical doc that is. Dr. Fit commands a great deal of respect from us bloggers because of her in your face blogging (yep, that is right), her credibility in many things medical (notice I did not say All, because I am sure she would agree that her knowledge is broad but not all encompassing of all things medical) and of course her bad ass attitude, not to mention her colorful language. I predict she will acquire more followers than any other, even Jack or Lynn.
6. Faridha: from becoming my best self by FYT614: I already gave her another award, but Fa….is amazing. A single mom who is knocking the pounds off all the while learning more about herself and life.
7. Gina: This blogger is encouraging, finding her inner runner and leraning about another food group: veggies!
8. Glenn: This guy is one supportive blogger. He has his ups and downs like all of us, but he is moving forward. He travels on business frequently and is learning how to plan. Rock on, Glenn.
9. Jo: This is a blogger who reaches out to the blogging community in many ways: consistent and positive comments and support of other bloggers (Like Ann). Top notch.
10. JW: A fellow Minnesotan that blogs with substance and calmness.
11. Mind Over fatter: This is another newer blogger. She got me with her latest post that discusses how to calculate your calories and translate that into pounds off per week using your BMR and BMI.
12. Potato Diva (Potato Diva's Quest for Fat-Free French Fries (and a healthy lifestyle): This is a relatively new blog. The title alone got me, plus, I too LOVE potatoes (umm, mashed with a little butter). She is quickly showing us a blog that is educational and determined, too.
13. Reeve: A VERY new to blogging blogger who is already kicking us all in the butt with her determination and she has her decorations up and ready for the trick or treaters that come her way!
14. Shane G: Shane’s blog is full of inspiration and determination. A blog of substance that is sheer grit and positive attitude. The guy is a full time student, works in a law firm, is deeply committed to his family (he is losing it for the family after all) AND finds time to blog about his journey. A winner in my book.
15. Soul Vision: This is Honi’s blog. Honi greets each reader with a musical selection. Her posts are thoughtful and pragmatic. Besides she is a biker (and not the kind that I am).
16. Spunkysuzi: has a photographer’s eye. Her blog documents the beautiful natural word where she moves about besides her own journey to better health.
17. Karen from Waisting time: I know Karen has received this award. But that is okay by me. She ends almost every post with a question that invites her readers in to an online conversation.
18. Tish: Tish shares with us the joy of being a grandmother over and over. Besides she was a children’s librarian and understands the value of books and a good read. And I love her sticks of butter at her WI (I am a recovering butter nut).
Finally, I am going to try to emulate some of the substance that this blog should have by initiating “Food for Thought and other Words Wednesday” this week on Wednesday (surprise!). Have a great start to this new week! Stay strong! Michele