Monday, September 20, 2010

Winners and Losers...

Well, if you are a Miami Dolphins fan you are undoubtedly feeling pretty good that they sported a win against the Vikings today (14-10). If you are a Viking fan, like me, you are wondering what is going on with your team, besides the obvious, no reliable wide receivers. BF threw for three interceptions... Not good. But, we are not fair weather fans in Minnesota. We are hoping that the Vikings that we know and love will show up, and SOON!!

I am happy to report that I made it through this weekend a winner and with a couple of NSVs (Non scale victories). Hubby and I rode our bikes to the stadium, which is about 14 miles round trip. Not only was this great exercise, but also when we leave, we can't help feeling a little smug hopping on our bikes while the throngs are departing. Second, I planned for eating by taking along a couple of serving size baggies with grapes, a sandwich and a 100 calorie granola bar. At the game, I had a few sips of beer, but mainly had a diet soda. No burgers, fries or other stadium type foods-wasn't even interested.

Our seats are in the upper deck, 12 rows up. The other winning thing I noticed was how easy it was for me to go up and down the stairs-almost skipping up them. Plus, I wore a pair of jeans on the bike rode because it was cold. I was a little worried that they would not be flexible enough for riding: but no worries. Seems they are a lot roomier now that I am 16 pounds lighter; almost baggy. So, two NSVs for me at the stadium: skipping up the stairs, and loose fitting jeans! So, I am also a winner!!

Enjoy a few pictures of our bike ride to the stadium along the Ground Rounds:



Have a great Monday. Stay strong and TTFN,
Michele

9 comments:

  1. Michele, this is awesome. I love that you rode your bike to the game! But I have Brett Favre on my fantasy football team, so I was feeling your pain during the game today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you and hubby deserve to feel a little smug. Let's see, you got some great exercise, didn't think twice about all that overly stimulating stadium food, avoided the after game traffic jam, AND didn't have to pay those huge parking fees (I once paid $35.00 to park at a Lion's game, they lost). Good job!

    Also, thanks for the kind comment you left on my blog. An award? I'll be ckecking in on Tuesday. :0)

    Angie (Motivated Mama)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! You're doing so great Michele! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you did everything right. Congrats on a job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you!!! My recent unexpected trip to a football game derailed my eating:(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pictures! Go you on getting on the bike and enjoying yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not so much a Dolphins fan, but am a HUGE Chad Pennington fan, so guess I was rooting against you yesterday. Chad grew up in Knoxville and his dad was a long time high school coach here. Class act family all the way around!

    This is getting obnoxiously repetitive, but I am so envious of your ability to hop on the bikes and go. Sure wish I could.

    Sounds like a very successful weekend! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go (literally!) I'm smiling here for all the good things happening in your life. Sorry about the team, tho.

    ReplyDelete