Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Verstile Blogger Award, too (two!)

I received TWO blog awards recently. The Versatile blog award from Donell. I want to send a shout out to my blogger friend Lanie for my second award. Thank you to you both!

First: The Versatile Blogger Award
Now here are the rules of this award:

1. Thank the person who gave you the award.

2. Share seven things about yourself.

3. Nominate 15 newly discovered blogs.

4. Let your nominees know about the award.

This is the second time around for me for this award, so here goes: Seven NEW Things about me:

First, more about my family:
1. I have five adult children and I am a mom of multiples! I was a young mom (only 21) when I was blessed with identical twin boys. I did not know I was having twins until just a few hours before they were born. I loved being a mom to twins and would do it all over again if I could, although the first three months were rough.

2. After the birth of one more child, we chose intercountry adoption to round out our family. Our daughters are now 28 and 30 and came to us from Korea.

3. Four out of 5 of my children live in or near Minneapolis-so I enjoy seeing them all frequently and of course frequent visits with my grandbabies.

4. My son, Sean, is engaged to be married to Anne next July 30, 2011 in Port Townsend, Washington. We love Anne so we are all looking forward to this wedding. You will hear much more about this in the coming months!

Second some other interests:
5. I am a reader. Not just books: blogs (yep you know this one), but also magazines and journals. I especially love the New Yorker. A friend and I share a subscription. I save up and read 6 or so at a time over an afternoon. A couple recent articles that struck my fancy were on hospice and the neuroscience basis of reading. I am an eclectic reader of mostly non-fiction, but do enjoy some fiction, too, just not as much as I used to.

6. I have always been somewhat independent and definitely self sufficient. When our children were younger and we were still living in California, I took all five by myself on trips to the Pacific Northwest to see my brother and his family, camping throughout the Easters Sierras and Northern California and Oregon. We went to Yosemite, Crater Lake and Lassen National Parks.

7. For this last bit about me, I will toot my horn a little here: I am a published author of children's books! A number of years ago, I was approached by a small publishing company in Mankato (Capstone Press) about writing a series of math books for emergent readers. One of my professional interests is math education, so this was not too much of a stretch. One of the best awards I ever received was from AAAS (American Association for the Advancement of Science) with the selection of one of my books (Size: Many Ways to Measure ) as one of the ten best math books of that year (2002)!!

Passing this award on!!
The blogs I listed below are all relatively new bloggers or recommitted to their journey about weight loss and regaining better health. Many of them have few readers and followers. Each one of them is unique and is moving forward to regain their health. I am hoping you, my blog readers and followers, will support them as you are able. Each one of these bloggers has illustrated to me their merit for receiving this Verstile Blogger Award!!
  1. Faridha
  2. Yo Mama
  3. Jill
  4. Becky
  5. Granny2em
  6. Thin Lizzy
  7. Brenda
  8. Cara
  9. Tracy
  10. Carla
  11. Slimmer Sally
  12. KC Norton
  13. Beth
  14. Angie
  15. Polar's Mom and one more for
  16. Wendy
I will post on Wednesday about the other award I received from Lanie-Painie. TTFN and stay strong in your journey, Michele

10 comments:

  1. I love learning all those things about you. You've been (and still are!) one busy woman. We share the commitment to support new bloggers both in their journey and their blogs. I'll check out each one of these and lend a voice of encouragement. You deserve every award you receive!

    Thanks for the comment about the White Snakeroot on my blog. I am no botany expert and work hard to make sure my facts are accurate, but am still always a bit intimidated to put something like that on my post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love learning those little things about you:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome. Thanks SO much for the award. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANKS MICHELE-you're a peach!

    Polar's Mom
    www.polarspage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually bought and read that book! Remember, I was a children's librarian and, for five years I worked in a primary school (K-3). I loved the books from Capstone for my early readers. I bought multiple copies! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank-you so very much! I really do appreciate the support.
    I absolutely love Port Townsend. What a beautiful spot for a wedding. My husband and I took a road trip there a little over two years ago right after I moved to the Seattle area from Michigan. We liked it so much that we actually considered moving there. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much, Michelle. Wow, a book huh? That's amazing. So how many did you publish? I'm gonna look for them. Thanks again, I'm honored.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for the award :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the award Michele. I appreciate your support. I will have to check out your book for my granson!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Going through some unread posts and found this one. Guess you do like the New Yorker ;-) Port Townsend is beautiful! What a great spot for a wedding. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete