Friday, September 10, 2010

Sunrise over Minnesota Lakes

Now that the academic year has started, I am back to work and no longer have the luxury to exercise at a whim. Yesterday morning I was out on my bike early (6AM) doing what is for me now a typical 8-10 miles on my bike around two Minneapolis Lakes (Harriett and Calhoun). The sun was starting to rise so I snapped a few pictures of the progression of the sun rising while I was biking. Enjoy:


Yes, even at that early hour there was someone fishing (it is Minnesota, eh?!?!). Have a great weekend all and stay strong on your healthy journey, Michele

10 comments:

  1. These are just beautiful! Are you able to take this bike ride directly from your home? That is our problem - we have nice places to ride, but all require loading the bikes and driving to an appropriate starting place. Our community (and state) are not particularly bike friendly and starting out from our home would be a death sentence! I am so envious of places that actually ENCOURAGE biking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Thank you for the pix. Hope you can carve out some exercise time even during the school year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful day!!!!

    Hope you will be able to get a good routine down for the school year. Keep focused!!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pics! I was thinking of you last night as I watched the Vikings. Bummer on the loss. Boy, those Saints look scary good again. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I biked around those lakes when I was up there! I was amazed at all the people taking advantage of them and working out. Good for you getting moving so early.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous pictures!! 6am...good for you...that is early!!

    My son's girlfriend was born in Minnesota. I've never been up that way...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those pictures are gorgeous and peaceful. What a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for the wonderful blog comments! I love positive people : ) I know I can do it this time and so can you and I'm here if you need help along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous photos!

    Thank you for stopping by my blog. It's nice to "meet" others on their journey trying to figure all this out and become healthier.

    ReplyDelete