Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A Scale Victory an NSV and Honi

A Scale Victory an NSV and Honi
First: Two and a half pounds less today on my WI. Now down a total of 16 pounds since June 26!!! Wahoo!!!

Second:
I celebrated a non-scale victory today as well. I wear a lot of button down shirts to work. I like these because they are practical, hide your flaws somewhat and comfy. Another thing is that you can leave the lower button or two open to allow yourself a little room (i.e. the bottom of the shirt does not fit around your amble hips). Well today when I was getting dressed, I noticed I could button ALL the way down and better yet, smooth the whole shirt out over my Big Butt (one of my favorite posts). Non-scale victory (NSV) One (1)!!!! Whoopee!!

Next:
Those of you who are new to blogging about your weight loss are probably beginning to feel the empowering nature of blogging and garnering the support and encouragement of readers and followers to be accountable and stay the course. I sure am and do! Thank-you to all my followers and readers (especially you newbies)!

Well, there is more: Blogging is a weigh (way) for us to uncover and heal old wounds that contributed to why we are overweight and obese in the first place. As a matter of fact, understanding why we overeat is critically important in this journey to better health and in making this journey (the one you are on right now) the last. The keeper. Today I read a post from one of my followers, Honi. In her post, she digs deep into her past and uncovers many of the events that contributed to where she is right now. I hope you will reach out to Honi and send some of your blogger support to her. Her entry is honest, poignant and full of pain.

Enjoy a great and strong day! Michele

14 comments:

  1. And the victories pile up!! I guess you and I are twins, I have been looking at my shirts lately and can't help but notice that they no longer are being stretched beyond their capacity when I tuck them in but actually have slack in them. Michele, we are doing some great things together!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Michele. I'm heading over to Honi's right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an awesome job you are doing. I am so inspired by your consistency. I had that and am finding my way back after a month of kind of being all over the place. You are helping! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those NSVs! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, GREAT JOB!! So proud of you!! I know how excited you must have been when you got to the last button. I am hoping for a big event like that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Victory! I love em'! Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had a great week!!! 2 1/2lbs is great
    Always good to see NSV's

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Michele - Today I needed a wonderful distraction from recent events, and I found it in reading about monarchs, reality/fantasy, and biking around the lake. Thanks! I needed the refreshing pause this has given me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michele,

    First, you are such an amazingly wonderful blogger support guide. I am always inspired and honored by the comments you add to my blog.

    Second, congrats on the Scale Victories and Non-Scale Victories. I love the NSVs because honestly they represent the little things that tend to get us down on a daily basis and eat away at our esteem and our spirits. Overcoming those does the opposite.

    Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Job on the Shirt!! Those are the NSV's that will get us to our goal!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. there's an award for you over on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those non-scale victories...and your scale victories as well. Way to go, Michele, 2-1/2 pounds and your blouse fitting better - fantastic. Heading over to Honi's blog now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the victories--scale AND non-scale. You're doing so well and inspiring me, too. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete