Thursday, September 9, 2010

Positively moving forward

Truth be told, I often get inspirations from my blogger friends while I am reading their posts. Jo reminded us of the importance of looking forward. As I ruminate today, I want to dwell on some of the positive aspects of moving forward in this journey for me.

1. I am lighter.
2. I can hop on my bike and do 15 miles in about an hour and a quarter
3. It is easier and easier for me to walk
4. I am sleeping better
5. I can get by with a taste of a treat
6. I am better and better at planning what I will eat in advance
7. My clothes are starting to get loose
8. I continue to marvel at my ability to eat between 1200-1500 calories a day
9. When I go over that calorie budget, I do not beat myself up.
10. I can budget my calories so that I am able to have a treat at BD parties, a beer at a game, or something else that I like without going over
11. I am empowered to move forward because of my many readers (YOU!) who are reading my posts and sending your strong healthy vibes my weigh (way)
12. I understand more about myself and why I ate the weigh (way) I did in the first place
13. Slow as a snail is better than no pace at all
14. I can do it. I can do it. I can do it.

What about you? What is your Positively moving forward list?

7 comments:

  1. Without a great deal of though, I came up with a couple of things:

    I can hike now!! I have been the last two weekends and those trips would have never been possible in January!

    I walk so much faster now! I keep knocking minutes off my Saturday morning 5k!

    I changed my shoes yesterday while sitting in my truck, behind the steering wheel! I actually have room and flexibility to do this now!

    I now eat only slightly more for the day calories wise than I did from one Burger King Trusty Number One!!

    I have more pants that don't fit BECAUSE THEY ARE TOO BIG than I do because they are too small.

    Hey, lets go with an easier one. I am at LEAST 29 pounds lighter than I was in July!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a great post for me today because I have not been eating well lately and needed some reminding of why I should. Thank you:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I was nodding my head, agreeing with every single thing. . . then I got to #13 . . . .hilarious! Yes we can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post and I agree with your entire list. I will add I control my food, it doesn't control me anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Michele, Great post. Yes I have many thing too that I am thankful for.

    I can walk a long way, bike, swim and push myself in the gym. I love shopping for clothes now and can buy in a regular store. I can fit in an airplane seat!!!!! FINALLY!!! So many things!!

    Keep up the great work!!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing post-- I need this today!
    I am following back so prepare for me to harass you (in a positive & legal way) daily! Love your blog and progress!! Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like #9. We would never beat others up...why us? Great post, Michele.

    ReplyDelete