Friday, September 24, 2010

Happy Friday!

Happy Friday!
It has been a great week for me on my healthy journey!! First: I am nearing completion of three months of moving towards better health: eating less and moving more. I am down another 2 pounds for a total of 18 pounds off!! I also exercised at least 45 minutes for the last 5/6 days. The only reason it was not 6/6 was because we had about 5 inches of rain (no kidding!). I will post more reflections on my healthy journey next week after I surpass my three months.

Second: I would like to welcome my new followers and readers. A special shout out to: Potato Diva, Mella B, Slimmer Sally, Margi, Angie, Gina, Katie J, Christina, Alan, Capone 810, Spunkysuzi, Debbie, virtualjtr, and Crystal. You people keep my journey strong! You all ROCK! I am committed to supporting each of you as best as I am able on your journey.

Next, a couple of our blogger friends need some support:
Many of you have probably felt inspired by our blogger friend 266. If you have not looked at her anniversary presentation, check it out. It will inspire you! It is now our turn to turn the tables. In a recent post, 266 revealed her own deep struggles to stay the course. I invite all of you to reach out and send her some encouragement and support.

Finally, Paula wrote a strong and deeply moving post recently, not about staying the course of her path to a healthy life, but the challenges and frustrations of being a single mom to three children. Her post was a direct result of being nominated for the “Cherry on Top” award and responding to this question: If you had one chance to go back and change one thing in your life, would you and what would it be?” I know many of you have children and undoubtedly many of you were single moms or still are-reach out to our sister Paula and share some of your story.

Have a great week end everybody and stay strong on your journey!!

17 comments:

  1. Go Michele! Man you are getting after it. Isn't that twice you said adios to two pounds lately?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing great, Michele, and I am so glad I'm here to watch your progress and be inspired by you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a great week, Michele. You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Michele! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job Michele! I also just lost 2 pounds bringing my total pounds lost to 18! I remember you said we started at the same time and it looks like we are losing the same too! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello Miss Michele - I have finally caught up and read through all your posts that I've missed the last couple weeks. Don't you find it just really interesting that you once wrote a children's book about size and how to measure, and now here you are blogging about size and how to measure!! I just find that very cool and even auspicious. Your posts have given me a much needed boost today, so thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. FANTASTIC on the weight loss, but even better on the exercising this past week! Impressive!

    Polar's Mom
    www.polarspage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Things are just humming along for you, Michele. Congrats. You must feel pleased with your accomplishments so far. I always love reading your posts - so positive and encouraging. You enjoy your weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw a comment you made at Sharon's site, and I liked your smile, so I checked out your blog. I try to check out one or two a day. Anyway, I live in Roseville! We are neighbors! :) Congrats on your success, I am most-inspired. I LOVE your approach and really appreciate what you share here. Enjoy the weekend! Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Keep it up - you are doing awesome!!!!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Michele,
    How great to hear from you, and to find your blog. I love it, and will be reading regularly!! We'll be in touch! Roz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for you on the three months towards better health! That is what I would call a big accomplishment.

    Thanks for pointing out the blogs, and new sources of inspiration. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations, Michele--you're doing great. I appreciate your introducing us to other bloggers. I think that's what this blog world is best at right now. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seriously? How great are you? Love this post; so much love it's palpable! AND thank you for your comment on my blog. You are a gem. Truly, Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  15. From a fellow Minnesotan: I loved this post. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratuations!!! You are doing so well!!! That deserves a big "WOO HOO" IN CAPITALS!!!!

    ReplyDelete