Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Happy Fall and Fourth Blog Award!

Happy Fall! Here are some beautiful pictures to enjoy from the autumn landscape of Minnesota.



Lanie passed on this award. Thanks, Lanie.


The rules are simple: first:answer the question, "If you had one chance to go back and change one thing in your life, would you and what would it be?”

My answer is maybe. I am indecisive on this question because I really like who I am and who I am coming to be. I certainly do not like all of the events or even my reactions to those events in my life, but those events contributed to who I am today. I feel very blessed and fortunate in my life. I grew up in a splintered and dysfunctional family, however, I have moved forward and become a person that I am very satisfied to be. Many of my qualities of self reliance, integrity, a can do attitude and optimism were born out of the difficulties I had to deal with at a young age. Sure, I am working out some of my lumps and healing from past pain, but I feel downright fortunate. I am loved, have a great family, a sprinkling of friends who enrich my life and push me to think harder and laugh OUTLOUD, and have my health.

My “maybe” response is in regards to two things that I wish rather than things I would change:

1. I wish I had become committed to regaining my health earlier in my life. I have blogged about this too. You can read more about how I came to my tipping points here. But, with that said, I am glad that I woke up and am on this journey now. The rest of my life will include healthy eating, exercise and taking good care of myself so that I can enjoy the people (especially the little people in my life) and engage in living the fullest life possible.
2. My mom was bipolar. Over the last 15 years of her life I became her legal guardian and conservator. My mom passed away last year. It was not until after she died that I realized that I never asked her how it felt to be bipolar and to gain insight as to her perspective on living with a serious mental health challenge. She had so much promise, but because of her bipolar illness she never realized her tremendous gifts and potential as an adult.

Pass this award on to six people and inform them of the award. I chose the following blogs because they represent for me the “cherry on top.” In their blogs I have learned something about their own journey toward better health or about their own maintenance that has contributed to my own growing positive journey. By their contributions to bloggerland they continue to help me to stay focused and not to be too hard on myself. Here they are!

266: Her slide show of the results of her journey inspires me daily!
Paula: She has experienced incredible success and is pushing herself hard to be super fit with running, dancing, mountain hiking and more.
Bethanny: This blogger delights me everyday with her pictures and her sense of humor as she moves forward in her journey.
Karen Evans: Karen blogs about health and fitness in many ways. She is dedicated to sharing her insights with others that are starting off, which in my book makes her a go to person.
PIP: A blogger who is just getting started and needs our support.
B, M and J: You all need to meet these super friends who are blogging together as they move toward better health.

Have a wonderful Wednesday and stay strong! TTFN, Michele

13 comments:

  1. gorgeous pics Michele! I am hoping to get to go on a hike this weekend and there is an overlook on the trail I want to go on that is gorgeous! I don't know that our leaves are changing yet as the temps are still in the 90's here, so not sure my picture would be as good as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post. Sorry to hear about your mom. Bipolar is a nightmare to struggle through for some, while others can cope with it through medication and family support. She was lucky to have you there for her in any case.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fall pictures, Michele! I know that's just a foretaste of what's headed our way. Fall here in East TN is so slow this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's wonderful that you like who you are (that is the cherry on top, isn't it).

    I, too, wish I took better care of my health when I was younger.

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had gotten on track sooner too. Years ago. Ah, hindsight. Congrats on your award:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the nod. I can say assuredly that all three fat girls taking umbrage would have liked to have started on our health journey decades ago. Oh well...we are on the path now.

    Mental illness/dysfunctional family...aren't we all on that spectrum somewhere?

    Love the photos. JO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michele, thank you so much! I really appreciate the kind words that you left on my blog. I'm humbled that you feel inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos! I love fall here in Minnesota. And congrats on your awards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much! I really appreciate your kind words and look forward to your blog posts and comments.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Michelle, thank you so much for the nice comment on my blog and for the Versatile blogger award! Love your blog too! I will be checking back often! (your fall leaves are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE the fall pix! They're the best. Congrats on yet another award. You're totally deserving of them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love fall and your gorgeous picturees. Michelle, thank you for giving me this award and your words. You made me smile today.

    Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Michelle! Thank you for the award! It is my first. I will be adressing the question and posting about it most likely tomorrow. I apologize for not responding sooner. My weeks are very hectic and I usually only get time to reflect and post on the weekends.

    I am honored you thought of me!

    PIP

    ReplyDelete