Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Cyclist Within!

Many of you already know that my exercise of choice is biking (at least so far!). I enjoy exercising outdoors especially in Minnesota where our summers are so short. You also know that I often tow around one of my grandbabies on my bike. (See Day Nine post). Although I have to admit that on many days (just like some of you) I need a little kick in the butt to get me going (besides my side kicks-grandbabies!). I am finding that setting goals for my exercise is really helpful. My goal right now is to exercise at least 30-45 minutes a day 5/7 per week. I also want to devote one day where I push myself more in exercise. This past week, I set my sight on riding part of the Grand Rounds along Minnehaha Creek to Minnehaha Falls. From my house in Minneapolis that was about 7 miles each way.

Well, I am super excited to tell you all that on Saturday my hubby and I (me with Ellery in tow) rode the trail to Minnehaha Falls!



I can not tell you how satisfying it was to successfully complete this ride-all with high temps (about 90 degrees) and high humidity. To top it off, I went about 8 miles on Sunday, an additional 5 on Monday and just finished another 8 this morning. After reading both Paula's and Dr. Fatty Finds Fitness posts on Monday I am more determined than ever to keep the exercise (cycling up). So, as you can now imagine: I am awakening the cyclist within! Thanks for reading! Michele

6 comments:

  1. Oh I am jealous now! I would love to be a cyclist, but the opportunity is hardly there for me. You go Michele!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome! How fun!

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were just up there for a family event and my husband and I took our bikes and got two great rides in. I am so envious of the amazing trail system! And cooler temps:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, you three for the positive comments. We are so lucky to have these trails. Wouldn't it be great if all cities were required to have them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michele, thanks for visiting my blog and commenting. Great to meet another partner on the journey. Don't hesitate to lean on me for support. We're in it together, sister! Becky of http://mywalkfromflabtofab.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your great victory!

    ReplyDelete