Monday, August 9, 2010

Blogging is empowering!

Blogging about our weight loss and journey to better health is empowering? Don’t you agree?? But, as empowering as it is, it is also time consuming. I do not know about you, but I can loose track of time when I am blogging, responding to blogs, or looking up new blogs. It is a tremendous support network. I value each and everyone of my followers and am committed to supporting each of you in any way (weigh) I can.

I was reading Paula’s blog one day and found her post about being the Nursing Schools “empowering blog list.” First, congratulations Paula (and all the other bloggers) for making this list. If you have not reviewed some of the blogs, posts or tips noted on the nursing list, I would strongly encourage you to do so. I really appreciate that the list is organized by topics such as Getting Started, Positivity and Motivation, to name just a few. It is a tremendous resource for all of us.

I stole some of the organization described in the list to help visitors to my blog find their way to some of the blogs that I am keeping up with. Thanks again Paula for sharing your good news and THANKS for becoming a follower of my blog!

TTFN!

7 comments:

  1. I definitely find myself spending lots of time in the blogosphere. But, I figure it is healthier than vegging in front of the TV since it keeps my thoughts on healthy stuff. I'd like to add to my blog, pages and pictures and stuff, but there's only so much time in a day, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. That is the problem-there is only so much time in the day! It is weigh healthier too (keeping up with the blogs). Everyone has a story and they are so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes - I can spend a lot of time here. But the way I see it, time on the computer is time not snacking:) And I sooo love the community.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's worth spending time reading blogs...as I have found this weekend. I just popped over to say a BIG thank you Michele. I read your last post over the weekend when I felt quite defeated, and it really did inspire my most recent post! It made such sense and was REALLY encouraging, at a time when I was finding it quite difficult to think about what my weight-loss efforts, tiny though they are, meant to me. So again - thank you. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my blog. We live in the same state, although I never make it to your neck of the woods because I hate interstates in big cities. lol

    I forgot about that nursing school list--one of my very favorite posts made it there, about my healthy family. We have all changed and I was really thrilled they picked that particular post because I'm so proud of all of us. =)

    I understand about blogging taking a lot of time. One day all of a sudden I had a lot of followers and it kind of freaked me out. I always tried to read everyone who reads my blog, but it took up too much time...this summer I've been hit or miss reading blogs. Hopefully with school starting soon, a new routine, I'll be better organized.

    It's true, as my husband often states, I wouldn't make it without my blog--more specifically the support from the blogging community.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you know, when I read the words 'tipping point' or "flip the switch" it tells me something.
    It tells me that the person has it.
    They know why they are doing it, and what they are going for.
    Good blog.
    going to be following.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find blogging very enjoyable and inspirational. I love watching people grow and achieving goals. It is very time consuming, but it's better than watching TV!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete